• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOW SOLD - Matamp Minimat 2 Combo (lots of pics, nsfdialup)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proflonghair

Reaction score
I love this amp, but because of the way up our new house is (it lives in the playroom, and I have to move a blackboard and a dolls house to get it out, and I'm lazy, so I just end up playing the Mustang instead), I don't play it enough. Which is STUPID.

mat1.JPG

It's a Matamp Minimat 2, 2 Watts clean, 4 Watts loud, but those are Matamp watts - they're loud: I can't tell any difference between this and a Tiny Terror, loudness-wise. Custom built by Matamp in a lovely cab, 12" Greenback speaker, 1x6V6 2xECC83, footswitchable valve boost and a built in attenuator. Without the boost, it's like a (more British voiced) Champ; with the valve boost on, it's that Matamp/Orange sound you know and love. The attenuator means you can be absolutely cooking the valves, but play at TV volumes. And it sounds like a monster - really great, great amp. Cleans are lovely, too, and a great testbed for pedals.

Plus it's crazily well engineered and specced - prettye gutshots below. All handwired, obv. Peed all over my old Tiny Terror.

I'd like ?325, would rather not ship it (although I could be persuaded maybe), would meet you halfway/50 miles from mine (I'm near Gloucester), whichever's closest.

mat2.JPG

mat3.JPG

mat4.JPG

mat5.JPG

gut1.jpg

gut2.jpg

Back