New Talbo owner/forum member...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammybastard

Reaction score
Hey folks,
just bought a used Talbo from Ishibashi and as you can guess I'm very excited about playing it.
Here's a pic:
3168874021.jpg

It's pretty beat, got alot of chips in the paint, and that's why it was *only* $530 shipped. I'm not a Talbo expert, so I'm not sure if that's a good price for this model. In fact I don't even know what model or what year it is, but I don't care because I've wanted one for a long time and this was in my price range.
If anyone can tell by the photo or what to look for on the guitar body to determine the year or model I'd appreciate some help.

I think I read all the Talbo related posts here, as well as looking at catalogs, links, etc...and I really appreciate all the info the members provided.

Thanks.

I got my used 80s Talbo (black) about a month ago from Music Ground in Leeds, great guys. You got a good price on yours - that paint tends to chip easily on the metal body... Here are some catalog shots from an 80's Tokai catalog. I TRIED scanning it but every time I tried to load the scans to Photobucket I got errors... ARRGGGGHHHHH So I took these photos of the pages with the Talbos on them... Enjoy.

BigMike

P3030049.jpg

it's funny, but now that I've bought one, I want to buy another model just to hear it. I've seen some newer used Talbos that have a Fernades Sustainer, different pups, etc...seems that the used prices hover between $500 and $800USD depending on the features. Cheaper than a new Talbo at $1500.

Back