Mid/Late 1980s RLG solid top - lemon drop :-)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
thought I would share a few pics of a very nice example of a mid/late 1980s Burny RLG solid top; best one I can recall having in my hands

nice piece of ~20 year old wood; nice one piece quarter sawn neck too

it's been seen around these parts previously but it's goin' bye bye to Pittsburgh, PA ...............

enjoy ..................

RLGLDbdyfrtpkgd.jpg

RLGLDbdyfrtfinal.jpg

RLGLDfrtgrn1.jpg

RLGLDfrtgrn2.jpg

RLGLDfrtgrn3.jpg

RLGLDfrtgrn4.jpg

RLGLDfrtfull.jpg

RLGLDhdfrt.jpg

RLGLDhdbk.jpg

RLGLDbkfull.jpg

RLGLDbdybk.jpg

quarter sawn grain in the (one piece/no heel cap) mahogany neck
RLGLDQsawnheel.jpg

cashcow said:
Don't rub it in.... :cry:

wasn't attempting to rub it in; I just thought those pics came out pretty fair, and everyone loves a lemon drop

don't feel too bad; you weren't the only one with at least some bit of regret

here's what one potential buyer emailed me with, and I offered it to him first ..............

"Wow, that sold fast.
Good job.
Let me know if there are any issues with the sale--of course I slept on it and decided that in fact, I could use that guitar!"

I've got a bit of regret myself; I've had this wonderful guitar for quite some time but I'm planning to refin the top on my LS-320 in the same color so, I will have a lemon drop again, some day ...............

MIJvintage said:
cashcow said:
Don't rub it in.... :cry:

wasn't attempting to rub it in; I just thought those pics came out pretty fair, and everyone loves a lemon drop

don't feel too bad; you weren't the only one with at least some bit of regret

here's what one potential buyer emailed me with, and I offered it to him first ..............

"Wow, that sold fast.
Good job.
Let me know if there are any issues with the sale--of course I slept on it and decided that in fact, I could use that guitar!"

I've got a bit of regret myself; I've had this wonderful guitar for quite some time but I'm planning to refin the top on my LS-320 in the same color so, I will have a lemon drop again, some day ...............

Just being facetious. I'm glad you sold it. Wish I had acted sooner. :wink: Yes, the pics are great.

bart said:
I need a guitar like that. Plaintops are the best.

This is my current fave plain top, and it has nothing to do with the fact it has Dry Z pickups.
It would probably sound pretty good without any pickups 8)

AFA tonal response the lumber is near perfect, and the .050" tall frets make it a monster player.

The fact that it's a plain top is just a bonus :D

That Burny lemon drop is no slouch but I don't really miss her that much :p ......................

Currently have my eye on a (very) close cousin to the BLS :D
BLS-59ready2rock.jpg

It's for sale again. Pretty much a copy and paste of your original auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220514502016

NWOBHM said:
It's for sale again. Pretty much a copy and paste of your original auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220514502016

:eek: ........ yes, the seller has done a great job of 'Copy & Paste' of my previous listing; how creative :roll: :lol: ...........

kinda curious as to why he is selling it now?
must be one of those girlfriend/wife things where the guy doesn't wear the pants :p ..................

NWOBHM said:

And nice price heh !

"It's an amazing guitar. I just need the money right now and I don't have any shows or anything until next year. You won't be disappointed in this guitar. It stays in tune better than any Les Paul I ever owned including historics. I'm going to regret selling it for sure." :roll: Important that a guitar stays in tune.....

cashcow said:
"It's an amazing guitar. I just need the money right now and I don't have any shows or anything until next year. You won't be disappointed in this guitar. It stays in tune better than any Les Paul I ever owned including historics. I'm going to regret selling it for sure." :roll: Important that a guitar stays in tune.....

So I still don't know what model it is. Is it a Burny?
How much do you want for it?

cashcow said:

it does have excellent tuning stability :) ; about as good as my LS-320 & my BLS-59 .............

"It's an amazing guitar. I just need the money right now and I don't have any shows or anything until next year. You won't be disappointed in this guitar. It stays in tune better than any Les Paul I ever owned including historics. I'm going to regret selling it for sure."

Surely there must be other strong points about the guitar than it's ability to stay in tune.

Latest posts

Back