mid 80's RLG90 on ebay VH1'S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3pupLPC said:
The only thing putting me off is the poorly matched 2pc body... and is that a heel-cap I see?

I really like the grain in that maho body back :D 8)

what puts me off is the weight :evil: & of course, it's a veneer top (double :evil: :evil:) :lol: .................

luv the (correct style) channel routing under the pups & has the Tokai style off-set tenon .......

kinda doubt the pups are Greco/Maxon as they don't have the dual holes/opposing corners & no waxy crap on the bases .........

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! If ur in the US, time to eat too much and watch football all day (the kind with helmets;).

Yes I have never seen Burny pickups from this period with a metal colour baseplate, so when everything else looks like a Greco, so why not the pickups

burny123 said:
Yes I have never seen Burny pickups from this period with a metal colour baseplate, so when everything else looks like a Greco, so why not the pickups
:D Hi Nils, I've seen Burny's with Greco pups from this time.The thing that makes me think think these might not be Greco pups is the sound and Greco pups from this time period usually have 2 holes on the bottom in each corner and have wax on the baseplates. I have screramin 82's and Double trick 82's from this time 82'. These Burny's aren't waxed and have a different baseplate and these sound alot more like a PAF, they actually sound alot like the L8001'S I have in my FLG90.
DSC01121.jpg
P1010034.jpg

NWOBHM said:
I've seen Burny's with Greco pups from this time. The thing that makes me think think these might not be Greco pups is ......... Greco pups from this time period usually have 2 holes on the bottom in each corner and have wax on the baseplates.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread but I guess I didn't scream loud enough :lol: :p :-? .....................

MIJvintage said:
I really like the grain in that maho body back :D 8)

what puts me off is the weight :evil: & of course, it's a veneer top (double :evil: :evil:) :lol: .................

luv the (correct style) channel routing under the pups & has the Tokai style off-set tenon .......

kinda doubt the pups are Greco/Maxon as they don't have the dual holes/opposing corners & no waxy crap on the bases .........

These also have the same construction as most early Burny pups. The neck polepiece spacing is narrower than the bridge spacing.

Yeah You are right not Greco pickups! Forgot about the holes.
The construction of the guitar and placement of the Super grade script and knobs says late 82 early 83.

It would be nice to know the colour of the bobbins in the pickups. The old L8000 pickups (80-81)with braided wire all had black bobbins. The ones from 1979 double white and the 83-87 VH1-VH4 zebra. Just unscrew ones of the small brass screws under each bobbin and the You can see the colour of the bobbin.
If it is zebra (black white) then its may be one of the first VH1?s !
But who knows?

I think these could be the first VH1's as I have a RLG90 with the same pickups and caps and they have the same bobbins as vh1 and vh4 from this time period. Here's one of mine with the cover off. :D
P1010037.jpg
P1010035.jpg
P1010158.jpg
P1010161.jpg
P1010115.jpg

OK just a quick post concerning this burny,i brought it ,it arrived yesterday
here is the pictures of the bobbins.
05122009421.jpg

05122009420.jpg

ZEBRAS! THANKS NWOBHM,I OWN A FANTASTIC BURNY.

MOJO HOBO

Back