Memphis/greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know what the neck is exactly, as I am not stripping it down. Looks like similar grain through the color, so I am speculating maple or mahogany.

I will take some pics as it is almost finished getting its rehab and just got its first basic setup with the new bridge, tailpiece and nut.

Interesting note, I think I have at least made a good educated guess at the date of the guitar. Looks like 1978.

The wiring inside the control cavity seems to be original, and the grey insulation on the wires to/from the 3 way toggle say "Pacific 1978" on them.

I don't know who "Pacific" is, except I speculate they are a Pacific based wire/cable company.

But its clearly a 1978 date on the wire. Maybe check your cavity wiring to see i there is a date on it?

It may be luck of the draw as it might be covered up in the passthru areas and not visible.

I tried to get a clear picture of the words on the wire, but its simply to small for my camera to get clearly.

Here's the finished product, and a close up of the headstock "adjustment"......
0331120905.jpg

[/img]
0331120907.jpg

Back