LS50 gold top

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petetom

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering a ls50 gold top love all original with case ,really clean. Played but not abused. But for the same price I can get a ls80 reborn burst that is definitely a player ,head stock repair. Only original parts are the pick ups. Tuner , pots and knobs changed. No case. Question is is the ls80 the better guitar spec wise. The headstock break is not a concern for me. And I like both finishes. Any input would be appreciated.

Big difference in construction and parts.

LS80: 1 piece mahogany back, 2 pc maple top, lacquer finish
LS50: 2 piece mahogany back, 2-3 pc maple top, polyurethane finish

Pickups are different. LS50 tend to be hotter.

Big difference in construction and parts.

LS80: 1 piece mahogany back, 2 pc maple top, lacquer finish
LS50: 2 piece mahogany back, 2-3 pc maple top, polyurethane finish

Pickups are different. LS50 tend to be hotter.are they both model a

That is assuming we are talking about 1978-1984 roughly.
The ls80 is a 79 and the ls50 is a 1980. Are they both model after the same model gibson.

Assuming the 1980 is not an inkie, they sound have been cut with the same routers and contours.

Looks like one has single ring and the other double ring tuners.

And one has a case?

The one in the case has lost its silkscreen for Les Paul Reborn/Reborn Old/Love Rock.

It’s a silkscreen done at the factory. There are decals which are different

I saw that LS80 posted in another forum, it said a problematic LS80 that was listed cheap to cover repairs. It did not go into detail, but I would send the seller a message and ask why it is problematic. I do not know the seller, but his post of problematic has me worried lol.

I saw that LS80 posted in another forum, it said a problematic LS80 that was listed cheap to cover repairs. It did not go into detail, but I would send the seller a message and ask why it is problematic. I do not know the seller, but his post of problematic has me worried lol.
I went with the gold top. The ls80 was in rough shape. Thanks

Latest posts

Back