LS 50 Les Paul Reborn

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee_uk

Reaction score
Ive been reading some conflicting info on Reborns, I have a 1979 reborn, it has Les Paul on the headstock its stamped LS50 on the last fret, my LS50 has a 2 peice back and a 3 peice cap, it has the witchy hat vol and tone pots, ive seen a 79 on ebay with speed knobs which is right?

mine is a cherry burst, i still have the original pups but i didnt like then so i put on a pair of pearly gates (SD), and the double ringed tulip tokai tuners were rubbish, i had to changed them for some aged replacements from a Gibson Historic. Since ive changed those bits around the guitar now sounds fantastic.
Ive had it for about 5 years and only started playing it again after my gigging Gibson Les Paul Standard started to develop a buzz on the 3rd string between 0-2nd fret, sounds like the frets need dressing but they are on the limit now, i think i might be looking at a re-fret :(

I do like this reborn though, it plays like a dream.

I suppose because my LS50 is pretty worthless on account of it's 2 peice back and a 3 peice cap, but i still think its the best ?400 ive ever spent.

What makes you think a 2 piece back and 3 piece top is "worthless" ? As far as i am concerned its all about the quality of the build and nothing to do with how many pieces were used. Some of the most collectable strats have up to 5 , and possibly more pieces and they are worth a fortune and sound great. If someone has been telling you this as fact then they don't know sh1t from clay... :roll:

Mick

Are the original humbuckers considered to be good?, mine wre original, well i think they were, they have a black 'X' marked on the underside? they were a bit squeely at volume, maybe they needed potting? but i couldn't get on with them playing live, and the Duncan PGs sound so much better.
maybe i had some duff pups.

Latest posts

Back