lets see everyones LS150s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will have to enter some form of meditation for the duration of my waiting period! I have already rung up too many times they must frown when they hear my voice, it's too much!!!!

Tompski said:
I think I will have to enter some form of meditation for the duration of my waiting period! I have already rung up too many times they must frown when they hear my voice, it's too much!!!!

Some things are worth waiting for..... this is one of them. Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Indeed Yoda, indeed
all good things come to those who wait
And this will be a kind of personal reward to myself for such a crap year in 2009.

Here is mine :

Tokai_LS150_New_1_Stamped.jpg

I first wanted to change pickups but I really dig the MKII sound. :D

I read somewhere that the UK LS150 has a slightly different design at the top of the headstock, something to do with the dimple on top ? Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

They have a pimple, or a nipple if you prefer, on top - not a dimple. I can't say it bothers me.

Here ya go - one with, one without:

IMG_1550.jpg

Mike

Depends where Gibby are...they go where Gibby has little or no power.

Actually, Tokai Japan is now building what Gibson use to build and now won't/can't/refuses to build outside of Custom Shop, and even some of their Custom Shop builds are questionable when it comes to replicating the old Lesters.

Hi,

Here is the mine. Red Wine LS150f Tokai UK with AAA flamed maple top. what his actual name in the catalog of 2010?

best wishes

Diamond said:
Depends where Gibby are...if Gibby are there then it's usually the UK headstock...if Gibby aren't there, then it's the regular headstock.

Easy Crossing said:
Actually, Tokai Japan is now building what Gibson use to build and now won't/can't/refuses to build outside of Custom Shop, and even some of their Custom Shop builds are questionable when it comes to replicating the old Lesters.

not sure if I get you?
Are you saying that Tokai quality isn't as good as people are making out?

T

Tompski said:
Easy Crossing said:

not sure if I get you?

T

He's saying that Tokai build their LP's like Gibson did when they built them properly. Nowadays Gibson doesn't build LP's to the original specs outside of the Custom Shop, ie: reissues. And if most people equate the LS-160 to the R9's, you can see what that means, how can a Gibson reissue compete with a top of the line Tokai? I don't believe they can anymore, they just rely on brand name to overprice their guitars.

SkyNet3D said:
Tompski said:
Easy Crossing said:

not sure if I get you?

T

He's saying that Tokai build their LP's like Gibson did when they built them properly. Nowadays Gibson doesn't build LP's to the original specs outside of the Custom Shop, ie: reissues. And if most people equate the LS-160 to the R9's, you can see what that means, how can a Gibson reissue compete with a top of the line Tokai? I don't believe they can anymore, they just rely on brand name to overprice their guitars.

I couldn't have said it better!

SkyNet3D said:
Tompski said:
Easy Crossing said:

not sure if I get you?

T

LS-160 = Gibson R8, LS-260 = Gibson R9

Have you ever played a Historic? They're actually good guitars. I should also add that there's someone on this very board who owns a high end Tokai from a few years back, and he says it isn't that great.
He rates a guitar from another maker, that cost less than half what the Tokai cost, as better.

Any guitar made by anybody can sound dead - they're made of trees! :lol:

Back