Identifying my Silver Star

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane G

Reaction score
Hi all, just trying to confirm year my Silver Star was manufactured. It has the spaghetti font and serial number is: 2020481.

The year is the first number in the serial so yours = 1982.

Hi all, just trying to confirm year my Silver Star was manufactured. It has the spaghetti font and serial number is: 2020481.
thanks, any idea what spec model it might be. I read somewhere that it prob an SS60, but I don't know how to confirm that.

You can't tell much from a serial number.

Can you post pictures??

here you go

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0948 2.JPG
    IMG_0948 2.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Still can’t see a lot but those are poured saddles. So SS40 or somewhere in that ballpark.

Definitely not an SS60

No truss rod adjustment at headstock on SS60 and they have a 4 bolt neck among other things.

No truss rod adjustment at headstock on SS60 and they have a 4 bolt neck among other things.
Thanks. Am wondering what a fair price to sell in NZ dollars might be. It has just had action, intonation etc been set up by luthier and plays wonderfully. I just have too many other gats, so this might have to go. Unless I keep for a decade, but unsure of collectability/value TBH.

Back