I NEED SOME HELP FOR IDENTIFYING AN ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, let?s clear some points here...

I NEVER got registered here before, Ozeshin. If I think about what happened with all this posts, it doesn?t seem a strange thing to me that you had some resembling situations on that forum. I?m sure you dealed with someone who COULD be me... but I swear by my dead grandma?s glory IT WASN?T ME. Anyway if you?re so sure of it there won?t be any way to change your mind... I guess you are a bit paranoid, my friend... but that?s not my problem. Maybe Australia?s sun beats much harder than here! :lol:

I got into this website some time ago (say a year, maybe two) but it was just a single visit to check my Tokai LR production year. I never came back since my very first post here, just when I bought the unknown LP copy on eBay. I asked for someone?s help to identify it and you were so kind of giving me a fast answer (although you seem to be such a stupid guy as Luis, I?ve got to say that I?m thankful for it... thanks to Marcus, too!). When I wrote another post just for saying "thank you", I thought you could get some fun taking a look on my axes (I never thought you would laugh at me, but now I realize it was quite easy to guess it :cry: ). I just wanted to share some pics with you, and if you keep at least two working cells into your crane you?ll realize it is an obvious fact: I didn?t pretend to sell you anything, kinda *******!

If you come into Tokai guitars forum and you share some pics of your average custom axes with someone, it is obvious that you don?t want to sell anything there... do you really think I?m such a stupid guy at all??? It would be as getting into a Ferrari maniac convention on a motorcicle pretending to sell it to someone! Please, be a bit serious if it isn?t too much effort for you!!! I knew since the beginning that all af you should be quite experienced guitarists, so you know well what ranges of price/cathegory axes exist... I hoped you would simply enjoy the looks of the guitars, the improvements done, the ideas I proposed or simply how much crazy I am (that?s what a sane person would do, at least). I?m sure if I did all that modifications with some "respectable" guitars (I guess it should mean "over 600 $ axes" to you), maybe you would be saying good things about my work now. But as they?re modest axes, you simply laugh at me. A truely stupid reaction, no matter how you take it! As I said, it?s just as if I came into the Ferrari convention on a motorcicle... I simply found a crowd of yuppies and other elitist assholes laughing at me, caring more about the price of the horse than about if it runs or if it stays in place as it was screwed to the ground. But once again, that?s not my problem... worse for you! People like you, with such a narrow point of view, won?t never actually enjoy anything in their lifes... so keep on being this way, as a spanish phrase say: "in your sin you?ve got the punishment" :p I wish you could learn something about all this history, but I?m affraid it only will feed up your stupidity. But once again, that?s not my problem!

Online iPhone Screensaver - be the first to win!

myscreensavers.info/media/iphone.scr

Estimado mestre (Salvador Navarro) please let it go.....Let?s talk about guitars only.No more personal attacks.....

Don?t feed it more guys..... I guess the original question was answered correctly by some members....

I don?t want to take more discussions, too, not here nor anywhere... I?m a bit sick of it, actually (although if somebody touches my balls, I won?t regret on calling him *******).

but I believe that a forum is a place for public discussion... not public lapidation (and I believe that?s what happened in this case). you even laugh at my poor english language knowledge, although there is people hanging round here who writes much worse than me! lapidation only happens on infra-human countries, and never should be... so please, don?t act as a crazy pope launching stones against anything which moves.

I feel I?ve been victim of some elitist points of view. If you were a bit open-minded you wouldn?t find anything annoying in my business (and you wouldn?t call me drifter, I believe that who really knows me would laugh at you for a while... I spend a half of my time doing works for my friends for a misery, putting my own materials without counting it on the price most of the times!!!).

I simply work on some axes which are out of your consideration because you?ve got the luck of owning some better stuff... but don?t put me down simply for this reason because you?ll fall into a big mistake, guys! Just think about guitarist who doesn?t have your economic status. I believe they?ve got the right to own a custom axe, too, and that?s what moved me on all that history (no matter if you believe me or not!)

(sneakyjapan, as you?ve been the only one who didn?t attack me by the moment, I?ll explain you the meaning of that phrase... it is something like "son-of-seven-cums". obviously it was a joke based on translating a readymade phrase to another language, and I guess anybody had the common sense to realize it... although it is something well known and some people even writes books on this themes! thanks for your correct attitude, by the way... I wish the others took some example on you!)

Pardon me?...I couldn't hear that post...type it again willya sneaky :p

I say...no amout of prodding from our distinguished members can make me post in this thread again...thats it...finito...sayonaree....c`est tout...the end...abadiabadiabadi thats all folks...buenos noches...au revoir...a-river-derchi.

Well that's good then coz I'm not posting anymore either.......unless......final........word......needed...... :-?

you can bet your ***...

but I DON?T want to take more discussions, I?d like to come back for sharing useful info as the rest of the members use to do.

so if you like it or not, that?s your problem...

Well I s'pose that's a start...you actually managed to post something with LESS than 5,000 words and didn't ramble like a lunatic :eek:

Ozeshin said:
u forgot auf weederschnitzel :eek:

Man ... a Wienerschnitzel is something to eat ... very beautiful meat ... :wink: :wink: :wink:

To say "Auf Wiedersehen" is the right thing ... sorry for the 'clever **** stuff' ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... but who does really think about German leave-taking in this case ????

BTW - what were that rants saying nothing ????? Noticed it today for the first time ... unbelievable ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hey Mestre listen mate lighten up a bit and don't take everything personally and you will be welcomed.Remember you are talking to a lot of people from a lot of different countries with varying senses of humour, get over it, cop it sweet and get on with it mate....its all good.... :p oh and remember life isn't an essay...... :wink:

leadguitar_323 said:
remember life isn't an essay...... :wink:

Or do you mean "Life ain't easy"? :lol:

As in the Fred James song, covered by Johnny Winter, with the memorable line "Life is hard and then you die....."

A nice cheerful thought to leave you all with. :lol:

ok, I promise I?ll do my best... let?s start witch something a bit more constructive! I think it is a good trick to share with you:

are you tired of that modern tune-o-matic bridges (usually installated on most average LP/SG replicas), which are supported by two huge screws? They use to fit a bit loose into its bearings, causing intonation problems and other various drags... Do you like vintage-type bridges, which are beared by two thinner screws and two movable metal discs??? That?s my case, so try this if you agree with me on this point! I?ve tried it in two guitars at least and it seems to work fine. I?m sure it improves the tone... BUT maybe you won?t think the same after doing it! So if you try it, maybe it would be better not to doing it with your favorite axe. I believe it is the most unexpensive, easy and effective way for upgrading into vintage-type bridges by yourself. BUT be careful: although it is quite easy to do, it doesn?t mean that everybody can do it properly... so if you?re not a brico-man or you haven?t got too much tools, maybe some friend won?t find any trouble on doing it.

By the way, there are some nice tune-o-matic bridges at reasonable prices on Rockinger, but you?ll surely have some usual providers yet. There is a Duesenberg bridge which is provided with steel saddles (nice wor those who have got corrosive sweat, and supposed to produce a better tone)

But let?s talk about the mod... it is a mixture of things I found hangin round some forums and websites. All you need is a 12 mm diameter beech stick, any precission tool for drilling small holes, a caliper, and some conventional tools as wood saw, medium-sized hammer, etc. And obviously you?ll need a tune-o-matic bridge with thin bearing screws, too! :) Ensure it keeps the same distance between two screws!!! (if not, you?ll simply have to drill new holes at the proper distance without a major problem)

-put apart the bridge and its two metal bearing nuts (inserted into the body?s wood)

-measure the depth in the two body holes with a caliper (not always the same depth for the two holes!)

-take a beech stick (the long ones used for bricolage functions as ensambling forniture modules) with the same width than the nuts (usually 12 mm, but you should measure it with a caliper)

-cut two small beech sticks, a bit longer than the measured depths

-round A BIT one of the extremes on each stick (just lime a bit its border at 45?)

-put some drops of lemmon oil on the rounded tips (just to make installation a bit easier)

-then, place a stick into each hole (by the rounded extreme, of course!) and hammer on it with a protected hammer (a piece of leather, rubber or similar wrapped on it?s head will work). somebody would like to put some glue on them, but I didn?t as the two sticks should enter firmly pressed into the wood! you?ll have to hammer on the sticks firmly (which doesn?t mean the same than "too hard"), so it?s better to keep the guitar on a huge table with some protection between it?s body and the supporting surface (yeah, it is a bit obvious but it?s better to say it than not :) ) . YOU?LL NOTICE THE STICKS HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE HOLES "BY EAR", it means that when the sticks are pressed onto the body, the sound produced when hammering on it changes radically to a woody, "dryer" sound... then it is done!

-just use a lime or another proper tool for levelling the two prominences with the body surface (some masking tape around the sticks would be a nice thing). you can put any finishing you want on it, and obviously you can simulate body colour (although when you put the bridge in its place, it is almost impossible to notice this modification. maybe on a close-up view, but that?s not important for me). I use to put conventional forniture laquer, but you can test anything here.

-then drill two holes just in the middle of the beech inserts (use a diameter wich makes the new bridge bearing screws fit tight into the beech). you should decide first its depth, so measure with the caliper how much "buried" should the new screws be into the body. try to make the new holes at 90? (I mean, without any angulation), or it installating/adjusting the new bridge will be a true drama (as you insert the beech sticks by a firm hammering, try to picture how would you have to remove them... two BIG drills, so you?ll have to make the holes wider with an unavoidable amount of error... and you?ll need to get a wider beech stick to start from zero!).

-if you arrived here alive (I mean, doing it or reading this!!!), you just have to screw the new bearing screws/posts, place the new bridge, string the instrument, adjusting, blah, blah, blah... and let your ears decide if it was a worth thing to do or not!!!

keep in mind that this is an experimental procedure which was born of resembling modifications, I don?t pretend I?ve got the absolute truth... but I encourage you for doing it. If you don?t notice any sound change after the mod (I doubt it but depending on the guitar this can happen), at least you upgraded it to vintage-type bridge by a few cents, and you won?t have a cheesy, "samba-dancing" bridge anymore!

I know I posted another thick brick :D , but I hope you?ll see that it wasn?t an easy thing to explain shortly (although it is something quite easy and fast to do!)

Back