I NEED SOME HELP FOR IDENTIFYING AN ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it will be worth to say that this trick is very useful for another task... I tried it on a guitar an it worked fine! once again I encourage you to do it, but I remember you?ll do it on your own risk (and your own guitar, too!)

it is useful for guitars which you notice they have a bit loose neck... some people simply srews off the neck, fills the four screw holes with some wood compound, and screws it again... but I?m sure this will work MUCH better. Hope you?ll think so!

-screw off the neck

-get some short beech sticks (about 6/8 mm diameter will work), four at least

-make four new wider drills (with a proper diameter to fit the sticks really thight into the neck) just on the four existing holes. take care on how much deep you make the holes, it would be nice to measure with a caliper the portion of the neck screws which enters on it (keep in mind that a part of the screws rests across the body, so it won?t be the total lenght of the screws. once again, it is obvious but...! If you make the drills too deep, you can trespass/crackle the fretboard!!!)

-put a beech stick on each new hole (the short ones use to have already rounded tips), hammer firmly on it, cut the rest, and level the excess with a lime.

-if you notice that the body has got worn holes, too, repeat the same steps with the body and four more beech sticks. the only difference is you?ll have to cut and level the prominences BY THE TWO SIDES of the hole... but few more. If body holes are OK, just jump into the next step

-place neck & neckplate on its proper place, press them firmly with some fixation tool and make the four new holes from the guitar back, at 90? (with a good diameter to hold neck screws really tight). It would be a nice thing to put four NEW neck attachment screws, as the old ones should be a bit damaged although it isn?t easy to see at a simple look (they should be twisted, weared, etc). once again, measure and keep in mind how deep should you drill the holes!

-keep in mind that you?ll have to fight really hard against that new screws beacuse they?ll enter really thight into the body/neck, so it will be wiser to start with four "pilot" screws (so you won?t have to care too much about damaging their heads), and once you?ve got the four holes a bit open and the "pilot" screws almost completely "buried" into the guitar, put off them and insert the real "new" screws... it ensures an effective work with an immaculate look (please, use masking tape around neckplate during this task!!!), and it won?t compromise neck stability. a few lemmon il drops won?t cause any damage, too, but will make a lot easier the screwing task!

AS THIS BEECH STICKS SHOULD SUPPORT A STONGER ACTION THAN ON PRECEDING MODIFICATION, GLUEING EACH STICK WOULD BE A GOOD THING IN THIS CASE!

once again, it wasn?t easy to report briefly... but it is something quite easy, fast and secure to do! A bit more complicated than the wood compound thing, but it surely results in a hard-rock neck, as firm as if it was brand new (maybe more, due to beech hardness). You can virtually break the neck by any point except this modified junction... and I believe it benefits the tone compared to the other trick, too!

Online iPhone Screensaver - be the first to win!

myscreensavers.info/media/iphone.scr

Latest posts

Back