hey guys heres better pics of the error on my guitar neck j

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definetly a gap math.... at least 1mm at both sides... so yep i did the right thing by sending it back.... im just hoping they dont take months to send out another one... i m missing it like crazy!!!!!!!

Ducati said:
I guess I should apologize then for not reading closely.

A gap is certainly a big deal. From the pic I didn't notice that.

Maybe the wood was not completely dried and then shrank or something like that. Whatever it was, it's not a good sign.

thats what i thought ducati maybe when the guitar was shipped from japan the woods may have shrunk due to the conditions when the guitar was shipped across

So,

There is a real gap of 1mm between the rosewood bounded board and the body??? wow, then that is not a finish flaw. On mine there is no gap, just a bit of masking mismatch.

math... .can u take a really close picture of the neck joint on your guitar..... but make sure u set your digicam up for close up images.....

i just wanna see how bad yours is...... its been since friday past, since i sent my tokai back thannkfully now they are sending me out a new one although the guy at tokai claims he doesnot have the same seethru dark cherry finish i had....

he also goes onto tell me that he has over 1000 love rocks in the factory, and not one of them is in a burst finish!!!!!! i think hes tellin me tales dont u????

they werent even gonna give me a new guitar bcoz it was 2003 model and aledgedly tokai only give their distributors a 2 year warranty on products....... he was trying to pass the buck onto the shop.... and make them take the rap for the fault on this axe, even after me and the store telling him that both the love rocks were finished in this manner

i saw the guitar hanging up when in the store with my uncle, and i just stared at it...... i never played it and just thought that the quilt top was the sweetest thing i ever seen..... i said i wish to him i wish i had the cash to go out and buy a guitar like that.......so anyway the next day i found that my uncle had gone and bought the guitar for me on his credit card and i just pay him back with the interest that his credit card charges!!!!!!!( i had tried out a gibson les paul custom and a gibson les paul standard and a couple of tokais a few weeks ago in another store and the tokai beat even the ?2200 les paul custom.... i acctually thought that the custom was the worst guitar out of all the ones i tested!!!!!! even the tokai with gotoh p/ups, and the similar model to the one i got with seth lovers just blew them all away!!!!!!!!!!) this love rock model cost ?899 as it came with seymour duncan sh55 seth lovers installed instead of the gotoh ones as i already said.....,
anywaymy uncle isnt a guitar player... so when he went to buy this guitar he never inspected it as i would have otherwise the darn thing wouldnt have left their shop!!!!!!

their was a tiny little ding on the guitar which just at the bottom on the back side of the guitar.... a very minor ding, and it was still the same strings that was on the guitar when i bought it.... remember i had this thing for 2 weeks i usually change em once every 2 to 3 weeks coz new strings have way better tone as u all know........ so the guy at tokai started sayin that i basically bought a second hand guitar bcoz of this ding and the strings...... i mean it was the exact strings the guitar came with i had the guitar for such a short period of time that i never got the chance to change em!!!!!!

he was also saying that a guitar like the 1 i sent back should never have gone back to a factory in the state it was in!!!!!!
the guitar was in the exact state that i recieved it from the music store!!!!! maybe a little extra finger prints i missed when i polished it before takin it to the store to get sent back..... and when i got it to the store the guy took it out of the case to have a look at the problems so he would have covered it in prints again after me gettin it all clean for going back to tokai

b4 he even got the guitar and had just seen several pics of all the bad points.. " he was like something needs to be done about this as i have never seen such a poor finish on a japanese tokai!!!!!"

so i sent it off to them and never got no reply for days thru emails... so i thought i wouuld just fone them.... thats when he told me that the guitar was fine and that all that he could see was what was a tiny bit of overspray on the binding...... he just coulnt see this 1mm gap at either side of the top of the guitar.... this is with him sitting with it in his lap!!!!!!

anyway after telling him exactly where to look.... and the fact that i could take a guitar picks tip and it would fit into this gap ( the gap btw isnt between the neck and body as such..... only a gap where the laquer meets the binding and theres a slight crack in the bind to u can see this from the pic i posted) and telling him that even the westfield lester paul copys ( only cost like ?180 or somthing.....)have better finishing over these joints and the epiphones and gibsons are all laquered over the joint between the binding and the top of the axe, which looks so much more pleasing to the eye than an unfinished joint!!!!......
he decided to send me a new model out which i am over the moon with!!!!!

they were just gonna send me my old guitar back with no replacement or repair..... so i got my uncle to talk to bob and he managed to talk him into sending out a brand new 05 new guitar instead of bieng see thru deark cherry there givin me a see thru red

Glad it worked out for you mate, fitting a pick in the gap is definately a bad sign. Mine has a slight overspray (we are talking about 0.5mm overlap or something) but no gaps.

2nd hand guitar? I dont think so, but it is more than likely that someone before you, installed the SH55 pups in it, as the ONLY Tokai with them is the LS320. So the sh55 is the dodgy part in the equation.

yeah bob at tokai tells me that it wasnt tokai that installed the p/ups..... and the guy at the guitar store tells me that they were custom installed for a customer by tokai!!!!!!!

lies lies and more lies........

hey math have u seen any pics of the 75Q im see thru red remember not dark red.... bob said its really bright...... also out of 1000 love rocks he said was at the factory he doesnt have any bursts in the ls75q line i dunno maybe he is tellin the truth there..... but im sure see thru red will look nice.... if u can find pics can u post them here foer me

thanks man

I have never seen a dark thru red LS85Q/75Q to be honest, so i dont know whats the catch with that particular guitar sorry i cant help on that

math2014 said:
I have never seen a dark thru red LS85Q/75Q to be honest, so i dont know whats the catch with that particular guitar sorry i cant help on that

its cool it will be here in the next few days anyways so i will see for myself

If I paid ?899 for that I would be livid !!!!!!

Tokai's are often cited as being superior to Gibsons ! Well I have never seen a fault like that on a Gibson !

IN FACT

I have never seen a fault like that on a ?90 cheap chinese copy.

If anyone on here pays out ?899 for a guitar with that finish and calls it a minor fault then they have never picked up a decent quality guitar.

I hope you get a decent guitar returned to you. By the sounds of it a few people on here have MIJ Tokais with a similar finish, that would put me of owning a tokai and going for a basic MIK epi !

fingers crossed if there is anything at all wrong with the next 1 i'll be really piised off thats 4 sure!!!!

heres a pic of me and the new one they sent me out this one is near perfect i'd say although i dont have the seth lovers installed, the guys at the store got both guitars sent back to them from tokai UK and were gonna do the install but they are butchers at that store!!!! so i just took the guitar with the Vintage PAF Mk2s, and well i found that the tone on these pickups was acctually better than the seth lovers that were installed in the guitar i sent back to em......
so i was luck went in in the morning pretty much just after the guitar had been delivered before they changed the p/ups over!!!!

and well i can now say i am delighted with my love rock!!!!

but i will be installing a set of zakk wylde EMGs as soon as i raise enuff cash to get em....

though i recon the tokai UK rep was talkin BS to me as when he told me which colours were available it was all the colours that they probably find hard to sell...... as i asked for either heritage burst, honeyburst, cherry sunburst... and he then goes on to tell me they only have like see thru red ( which is what i took) and a couple of other gay colours i think he said there was a pink finish in stock to!!!!!!

i settled for the see thru red and i acctually prefer it to the dark see thru red one that i had previous...... the top looks a lot better and no poor neck joins everythings nice and sweet...... well apart from what i think is on the top edge and the heel of the guitar i think when it got laquered before it got a chance to dry some dust got onto the guitar and now it has dried into the laquer but its barely visible......

i just look at my guitard all over to find somthin to complain about dont i!!!!!!!

but anyway at least theres no retarded neck join on this one unlike the last......

i'll take pics of just the guitar later and post em up.....

but heres a pic that my flatmate took of me playin it when i got it home

DSCF0518.jpg

jj said:
Hmm.Sour grapes Donkey?

:roll:

Yeah sure.

I will add another Tokai to the ones I already own and hang it alongside my Gibson Les Pauls and Fender Strats :-?

I post on here because I own Tokais you pillock ! Not because I want one !!!! FFS read the posts before you make yourself look an arse on here.

LoveRocksRule said:
heres a pic of me and the new one they sent me out this one is near perfect

Im glad you got it sorted mate.

Enjoy it, that looks a nice example.

jj said:
Steady Donkey.Touched a nerve have we?Hmm!!

I dunno?

Have you got your finger rammed up yer arse ?

Because your touching the ******** button in the back of your throat.

Anyway, Bob wants you to make him a brew, so be a good lad and piss off.

Donkey Oaty said:
LoveRocksRule said:
heres a pic of me and the new one they sent me out this one is near perfect

Im glad you got it sorted mate.

Enjoy it, that looks a nice example.

yeah shes smokin bro..... and im lovin the sound of these pups ( as i said the last axe had seth lovers./... this 1 has PAF vintage Mk2s) the seths in the old axe sounded like they would have been more suited for a blues player but these PAFs are rocking sounds better than the gibo standard i used to have!!!!!

and the more i look at the quilt on her the more i love it!!!!!
i'll get some pics of just the guitar later my digicam batterys dies on my flat mate earlier and its on charge just now..... but this guitar is a fine example thats for sure

congrats man, i am happy that you finally sorted things out.

Not to stir a pot here, but i think the guitar shop owes you 200quid.

Hey Donkey calm down.You're making an *** of yourself! Just teasing you.I actually have great respect for you and your arsenal of fine guitars.It must be tough deciding which one to play first.You do play do you?

math2014 said:
congrats man, i am happy that you finally sorted things out.

Not to stir a pot here, but i think the guitar shop owes you 200quid.

got credit note for shop, i have just held onto it as its valid for a few months im waitin to see if i really need to change the pups to the zakk wylde emg set first and if so ill use the credit note for them.... if i like the PAFs then ill just get sumthin else instead......

heres some pics of the guitar on its own.... the pics dont do the top justice its almost 3d when u see it for real!!!!!!

nice top huh???

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

Latest posts

Back