Help with identifying this tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stryker

Reaction score
Hi all, i need help with identifying a tokai which i am probably getting used from someone. I was told it is a tokai als43 in black sunburst. Cant seem to get any info on this particular model.

If it helps the serial number on the back of the headstock is FC060540. Did some research and read somewhere that tokai serial numbers usually contain 7 digits but theres only 6 here.

My questtion is it it authentic? Need some advice before i purchase it. Thanks!

ih6tqu.jpg

mm8npl.jpg
[/img]

STB (see through black) model of a few years ago when Chinese made serial numbers began with FC?

Please can you put a picture up of the front of the headstock and state what country your in as it can make a difference to the models.

Dave

Here's the pic of the front of the headstock. The photos i have are limited to the these 3 as the guitar is not owned by me yet.

And btw i am from Singapore

14cbqrt.jpg

One other concern is the number of digits in the serial number.

Is a Tokai with 6 digits an authentic piece?

The serial numbers of the chinese models are confusing. There are a few different types probably from different factories. Based on the serial number starting with FC I'd say it's genuine.

Most of here know more about the Japanese guitars and more particularly the older models. If you stick around someone else may chip in with some experience of the same model.

Dave

The "FC" stands for Fine Corp, one of the subcontract companies that made guitars for Tokai in Korea and then China.

Back