Help!! Identify Goldstar :-)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delaney

Reaction score
High everyone. Very nice forum.
I have just got a Tokai Goldstar Sound. I dont know the year or the model. There are no serial numbers nor any stamps in the body or neck.

The neck does say Made in Japan and I would say its one of the best necks ive seen. Very nice 1 piece maple with tasteful vintage tint. Would say c shape leaning towards vintage.
The body (im not sure belongs to the neck) is a slightly odd 3 piece. There is a 1 inch shim just off the centre line. Otherwise it would look like a 2 pice. Seems a bit weird.
Paint job is 2 tone, single ply scratch, aged pups and switch knob.
Electrics look 90's, pickups are black backed, no stamps or ID.
It is obviously some sort of 50's re-issue Fender copy.
Actually very nice guitar. Feels nicer than a 2004 fender deluxe I just sent back.
Not sure what its gonna sound like yet.
Had to pack out the rod to lose the massive action it came with. Tremolo isnt stamped but vintage styled. Was rusty and saddles wouldn't screw down. Heads stripped on a couple. Soaked in WD40 for 24 hours, brought them back. :)
3 Screws on the top had been rusted in. Had to make a small angle grinder cut across the tops to take out with a flat head.
Wanted to see what was going on inside. Wanted to check if the pots said Japan.
Anyway new strings tomorrow and she should be tip top low action 50's strat. Might change the pups though to farlins or something.
Oh tuners ar really really good. Very strong and feel very well put together.
I think maybe it is a 90's Goldstar base model (because of the funny body)
It had the different shaped headstock 'post lawsuit' I think you call it.

How do I post Pics?

High,

Can someone let me know if it is pos to post picture on this site, or do you have to go through something like photobucket?

High thanks for the tip.
I have uploaded some photos to photobucket. I havent used it before but i think this link should work. If not, please let me know.

Many Thanks

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j348/delaney_779/

Back