• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai LS120 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerben

Reaction score
For sale a Tokai LS-120 from 1981.

Specs:

Body is a1 piece mahogany back, maple top with a light flame , probably veneer topped.

Neck has a really hard and smooth fingerboard, doesn?t look like Brazillian but really feels like it. Has had a refret with medium jumbo frets, so no binding nibs. This was done before i acquired it: a really great pro job. Tuners have been replaced with Kluson Deluxe.

Hardware upgraded: Tonepros ABR brug, original lightweight tailpiece with Faber-kit studs. This combination gives great sustain, tone and traditional looks. Original bridge and studs come with the guitar

Electronics: Gibson 57 neck pickup, Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck bridge, CTS en Bourns pots, Hovland Musicap caps, 50-ies wiring with out of phase sound when pups are combined. I?ll throw on a period correct DiMarzio PAF (double whites with cover) for free

Nitro finish with 30 years of playingmarks and little bruises. Good condition

Weight is an average 4.0-4.1 kg .

Some History:
I acquired this guitar some 4 years ago locally over here in the Netherlands and has been played en enjoyed often. The previous owner has bought the guitar of Villager.

This is a really great player! Most of us know the Tokai?s that are better than most LP?s of the G-brand? this is surely one of them! Great character, balanced and singing tone that comes with years of use from great woods. Original Hardshell Case is inluded.

Price starts at ?1750,-. I live in the Netherlands .Please contact me at [email protected] if you?re interested, we can also work out shipping details that way.

Thanks,

Gerben

P1050008.jpg

P1040399.jpg

P1050014.jpg

P1040992.jpg

P1050005.jpg

P1050003.jpg

P1050010.jpg

P1050007.jpg

P1050013.jpg

P1050015.jpg