EMS shipping to Germany question...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko

Reaction score
Hi,
Maybe some fellow german user can help me out here.
I've ordered two Edwards LP style guitars from Ishibashi. They've been shipped last Sunday and I can track them fine via the japan post page Hiroaki send me a link to.
To my surprise the guitars made it through customs very quickly and according to the tracking page are already in Berlin and there has even been a delivery attempt today. The note on the page reads like this:
"Absence. Attempted delivery. "
However there wasn't any notice or anything in my letterbox or anywhere else like there usually is. I am assuming that the items will be delivered by DHL, but since I can't find them on their tracking site I am not so sure.

So (sorry for the lengthy intro), my question is:
Does DHL deliver items send via EMS from Japan? Is it somehow/somewhere possible to track these items on the DHL site?

Thanks for any help,

Niko

I've had this before with UPS. Tracking said that they had attempted delivery, when they'd been nowhere near my house. It came the following day, so I'm guessing the driver couldn't be bothered to deliver on the first day :roll:

Ok, phoned DHL today, they are indeed delivering the guitars though it's not trackable on their website. They confirmed that there was a delivery attempt but couldn't explain why there wasn't any note for me.

Anyway, I've now arranged delivery for Monday, so hopefully all is well.

Niko said:
Does DHL deliver items send via EMS from Japan? Is it somehow/somewhere possible to track these items on the DHL site

Niko,

YES - they deliver EMS stuff ... NO - you can't track them by PC ... 8)

But there is a hotline on the DHL website ... give them a call and you'll get the status of shipping ... and where your stuff is actually ... :wink:

Sometimes the DHL guys come and want to have the custom fees, MWSt etc in cash ... so be prepared to have a big sum of money at home ... it happened to me last year ... :-?

Roger

Hi Niko,
had the same problem in Berlin...but I was quite pissed and couldn't wait for another delivery attempt, so I went directly to the delivery center to receive my axe. And, as TUdor already said, bring some money or plastic (card) with you 8)

Enjoy your new axe...BTW what axe have you bought?

Regards,
Mike 8)

mischi_miyagi said:
so I went directly to the delivery center to receive my axe. And, as TUdor already said, bring some money or plastic (card) with you 8)

Mike,

do they actually accept plastic ??? :roll: :roll:
My experience ... cash only !!! :-? :-?

Roger

Thanks for your help Mike and Roger!

I expect 'em to demand cash for the custom and MwSt fees, yes. In my experience they don't take cards, as Roger said.
The guitars are
E-LP-85SD VHB (this one's for me)
E-LP-85CD/LH (this is for my wife)

I'll post back on monday when they've (hopefully) arrived :)

Niko,

WOW ... nice guitars ... pics please ASAP !!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Congrats on your purchase ... and enjoy ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a 90LTS ... big bang for the buck !! 8)

Roger

Yeeha, they are here 8)

Ishibashi did an awesome job, they both arrived well and the tax was calculated correctly (was a bit worried after reading a post on japanaxe from a guy who ordered multiple guitars at once) and they are both great guitars. Incredible VFM, especially the lefty, as there are very few lefthand LP style guitars available and the final cost of this one is roughly (haven't got the credit card bill yet) in the ball park of what you pay for an EPI LP custom, which has worse wood and pickups. This is taking shipping and import duties already into account of course.

Really impressed with Ishibashi's service, can't recommend them enough.

P.S. Roger, didn't have time to take pics yet, but will do so later this week and keep my promise :wink:

OK, mate ... take your time - but I'm eagerly looking forward though ... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Latest posts

Back