Ebays magnificent service is getting better and better

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

In the last few days I tried several times to contact different sellers for items in different categories and was directed always to a site where I have to choose first the categorie of my request like item,shipping...
After chosing a message appears that ebay is sorry but there is no way to contact the seller.In their help terms is written "note that some sellers do not want to be contacted before sale but after you bought his item you can contact him".

Thanks guys,in this case I think it is better to stay away... :evil:

t.olsen said:
In the last few days I tried several times to contact different sellers for items in different categories and was directed always to a site where I have to choose first the categorie of my request like item,shipping...
After chosing a message appears that ebay is sorry but there is no way to contact the seller.In their help terms is written "note that some sellers do not want to be contacted before sale but after you bought his item you can contact him".

Thanks guys,in this case I think it is better to stay away... :evil:

All you have to do is hit "other" in the questions categories.... it then allows you to ask the seller a question

marcusnieman said:
t.olsen said:
Thx Marcus but that's exactly what I've tried :-(

Might be a glitch? I've never had a problem. I'll give it a try today on something and see what happens.

Oh it's not a glitch, that was done in the first instance so poor sellers in the US aren't bothered by horrible little foreigners anymore! :)
Funnily enough I've recently come across a couple of German ebay sellers that are now using it too.

I've found this started happening about 6 months ago. There's a setting you can use on your ebay account to effectively ban certain groups of people from being able to send you any message at all.

I will never use it because I'm not a f*ckin whinging pussy and I actually support globalisation instead of just talking about it and pushing it down other peoples' throats.
(***EDIT - present company not included of course*** :oops: )

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about this, and very worried about how widely used it will become. :evil:

Not bad...I can handle it easy : if I have questions and the seller does not accept questions I will not buy from this seller.In the end it only reduces the amount of buyers !

t.olsen said:
Not bad...I can handle it easy : if I have questions and the seller does not accept questions I will not buy from this seller.In the end it only reduces the amount of buyers !

I certainly agree with you: If a seller doesn't address a question, or won't answer, I walk. I get enough frustration for free; I don't need to pay for it.

t.olsen said:

+1

Only reason for not accepting questions before I sell is that I have something to hide.And if I am behind a guitar and do not know if it is a solid top or a veneer for example and then after buying find out it is a veneer... :evil:
Consider this for a moment "note that some sellers do not accept questions before selling but you can ask questions after buying :lol: ebay is really a funny company.
And you can not ask paypal for a refund ! The seller did not give you wrong answers - he gave you no answer at all ! :lol:

This isn't an ebay rule, but a feature that sellers can use to exclude certain groups of buyers.

One of the biggest complaints from ebay sellers was that they would write on their listings "NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS" but of course some people would still message the seller and try to convince them to allow their bids.

This new feature effectively stops people that don't want to answer questions from some buyers from even having to know those buyers exist.

We've always been able to block negative feedback bidders or unpaid item strike bidders from buying, but this new feature goes a lot further.

Hey T.O I don't believe you would be able to bid on an item that you can't ask questions about - if you as a buyer are excluded from asking questions then you should not be able to bid either. I've tried it myself with one of these where I tried to send a question and was prevented, so I thought fine f you I'll just bid anyway and ebay would not allow it, I couldn't even put in an amount.

What was the listing?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Orville-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Long-neck-tenon-MIJ-/130516752123?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8943357258921937453

Open for international bidders

If you click on "postage and payments". You can then contact the seller. You get a list including "details about the item" and "other" questions etc.

Dave

Hmmm,doesn't work for me.What you say is right Dave but the result is the same as before.

t.olsen said:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Orville-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Long-neck-tenon-MIJ-/130516752123?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8943357258921937453

Yeah, that seems to be a normal listing from my end.
Do you mean to say that you're being excluded from it?

JVsearch said:
t.olsen said:

No,not at all.I had this problem in the last 2 weeks in 5 or 6 cases.Seems to become a normal behaviour...buy from me but do not steel my precious time with stupid questions :lol:

t.olsen said:
JVsearch said:
t.olsen said:

No,not at all.I had this problem in the last 2 weeks in 5 or 6 cases.Seems to become a normal behaviour...buy from me but do not steel my precious time with stupid questions :lol:

Ok, so you're just talking about silly people, not the ebay thing where you get prevented from even asking a question?

Ebsy makes it possible offering the possibility to deativate questions.It's as stupid as the fact that sellers cannot give a negative feedback.Good to avoid trouble for ebay but bad for transparency.My opinion...

^ I dunno... the problem with letting sellers leave negative feedback is that it kinda coerced buyers into being overly positive, especially if you didn't have much feedback yourself. You were scared that if you left a negative, that the seller would leave a retaliatory negative.

I agree it's not perfect but I'd rather have the current feedback system than the old one. if anything the old system was even less transparent.

(As far as I'm aware, I haven't actually sold anything on ebay, just bought) Can't the buyer leave a "non-paying" thing if the buyer doesn't pay?

Dave_Mc said:
Can't the buyer leave a "non-paying" thing if the buyer doesn't pay?

Dunno.The seller can only hit the positive feedback button.Even a comment is not possible to avoid negativ words.

Back