Ebay germany Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p :p Now i understand,the buyer DIDNT pay,but because he bought it he could leave feedback.Nice one. :wink:

A bit childish action, just pretending to buy a guitar so you can leave a bad rep on eBay. Also I think it's a bit idiot, what are we talking about? Tokai itself produces illegal Gibson replica's, you all love those guitars but when Tokai itself gets copied you get pissed ;-)
I think it's quite a compliment to Mr Adashi and his workers!

By the way, I own such a Chinese Tokai Paula (besides 5 MIJ and 1 MIK) and ****, it's a fine guitar! All mahogany with a solid maple top (flamed and bookmatched), plays just like a real Gibson (or like a MIJ Tokai...), sounds real great too. Much better sound and playability then a MIK Tokai, really. So if you can buy one for just 265....

The only 'minor' things are that one of the pots is not positioned right and that the headstock is made of a separate piece of mahogany, like Charvel did with their Japanese series.

PrettyBlue1 said:
By the way, I own such a Chinese Tokai Paula (besides 5 MIJ and 1 MIK) and ****, it's a fine guitar! All mahogany with a solid maple top (flamed and bookmatched)

I thought the Chinese ones were the same as the Korean ones - alder body with sycamore top, and maple neck?

Mike

PrettyBlue1 said:
A bit childish action, just pretending to buy a guitar so you can leave a bad rep on eBay. Also I think it's a bit idiot, what are we talking about? Tokai itself produces illegal Gibson replica's, you all love those guitars but when Tokai itself gets copied you get pissed
Tokai do not stick the GIBSON label on its headstocks.....

PrettyBlue1 said:
By the way, I own such a Chinese Tokai Paula (besides 5 MIJ and 1 MIK) and ****, it's a fine guitar!
Maybe.., enjoy your axe. But it's not a Tokai. Thats the point. Simple.

Tokai doesn't stick a Gibson label on their headstocks but I don't think any of the Gibson lawyers gives them credit for it ;-) You make it sound even okay: "Yeah, we're selling exact replica's without their permission but hey, we put on our own sticker!!"

But don't get me wrong, I encourage Tokai to keep up their good work. Also I'd like to compliment the man who built my MIC Paula. Basically, it's just about whether it's a good guitar, or not.

I think togps' point is there is a big difference between copy and fake. If you buy a guitar with 'Gibson' or 'Tokai' on the headstock you expect it to me manufactured by that company.

I understand his point. But if you spot a Tokai Paula for such a price on eBay then you'll know instantly it's not a real one. You let it go or you buy it, just for the fun of it.

Selling a fake as the real thing for a real price, that would be something different. But that's my opinion.

PrettyBlue1 said:
I understand his point. But if you spot a Tokai Paula for such a price on eBay then you'll know instantly it's not a real one. You let it go or you buy it, just for the fun of it.

Selling a fake as the real thing for a real price, that would be something different. But that's my opinion.

... if you're happy with it ... who cares ... 8) 8)
But don't resell it at German ebay ... I warn you !!!! :evil:
Roger

tudor said:
PrettyBlue1 said:

Roger

----

Threatening me, Roger ??

But to make you sleep better: no, I won't sell it, ever. I love stumbling across such a **** good guitar just because everybody else is looking for the real thing. Or the second real thing (MIJ Tokai, that is...)

PrettyBlue1 said:
.. But to make you sleep better: no, I won't sell it, ever. I love stumbling across such a **** good guitar just because everybody else is looking for the real thing. Or the second real thing (MIJ Tokai, that is...)
:eek: Phantastic :lol: Holy cow, these are arguments .. :roll: There is no need for further comments... :lol: :lol:

I think if PrettyBlue1 is happy with the guitar that's all that matters, it wasn't expenive, he knew he wasn't buying a 'real' Tokai, and if you can find a good guitar at a bargain price it's a satisfiying feeling :D

JohnA said:
I think if PrettyBlue1 is happy with the guitar that's all that matters, it wasn't expensive, he knew he wasn't buying a 'real' Tokai, and if you can find a good guitar at a bargain price it's a satisfiying feeling :D

Hear hear :)

And yes, you can wake me up anytime for such 'fakes'. Just like I love the MAT guitars (all carbon and FRP) while most guitarplayers prefer all wood, because that would be the only material to sound right. Of course I don't mind they do so ;-)

tudor said:
PrettyBlue1 said:

Roger

Yeah, +1 Roger

Or the Australian Ebay either!!!!!

**** counterfeit supporters club!!!!

Mick

I?ll also be awared for possible spanish buyers...I don?t like fakes at all!

Is there a difference between a copy and a fake,i think there is :wink:

Latest posts

Back