eBay: "Does not ship to..."

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer J. Simpson

Reaction score
Sorry for the mild rant but is getting needlessly confusing now. every single item from Japan is allegedly not shipping to Germany but when you click "see details":

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 13.55.24.jpg

Huh? I thought this might have to do with current events, Japan Post announced limited services to EU countries last year but that would be not the case anymore according to Japan Post:

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 14.01.54.jpg

Some post in the eBay community suggests that eBay may have a bug with the shipping restriction selection on top. I wonder if anyone from Germany has acquired something from Japan via eBay recently?

While we're at things piling up, the Yahoo auctions geolock is making shopping in Japan not easier for EU residents either. Luckily I'm GASsing for very, very, I mean VERY few guitars that rarely show up anyway and of course I hope that this will remain our worst problem. :/

I'm aware of the (or some) other options, it's just that I occasionally click the links in the eBay Alerts and noticed the consistent weirdness, and just now tried to find out a bit what's up with that. :)

I would never buy a guitar from Japan very expensive with shipping, taxes, duty. also would never buy one without seeing it, I learned my lesson on AliExpress, I know that's the bottom of the barrel pictures can be deceiving

I just bought a 20 year old Fernandes with Full Sustainer off an Ebayer from Japan that offered Free Shipping. It arrived in Florida in 5 days. No customs duties or import taxes. Beautiful condition. Had to replace the input jack but other than that nearly flawless. :)

Attachments

• Blue Dragonfly Elite-1.jpg
    Blue Dragonfly Elite-1.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Blue Dragonfly Elite-2.jpg
    Blue Dragonfly Elite-2.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Blue Dragonfly Elite-4.jpg
    Blue Dragonfly Elite-4.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Blue Dragonfly Elite-6.jpg
    Blue Dragonfly Elite-6.jpg