Comment welcome

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centris

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New here and looking for confirmation of a new Tokai I bought the other day from my local music store (got to support the locals). I think its a als48 at first I thought it may be a LC53 as I was looking at an ebony version until I spotted the cherry sunbust. Am I right in saying that the LC53 has gold hardware and does not carry the "love rock" logo? The serial is a 6 digit number 0831** I assume 2008 model. I am enjoying playing and just love the quality, sound and feel for what is a reasonably priced guitar.

thanks in advance for any comments.

body.jpg

Where is your "local" music store located - in other words, where do you live?

What does the little sticker say on the back of the headstock? Noticed that it has a very wide nut too.

Looks like a Korean or Chinese made model. Nice guitar.

Hi
I am in Kilmarnock Scotland, the sticker says made in China with the serial number above, other than that no information on the body whatsoever.

LS48 mate.

The LC53 is the Les Paul custom version which is black, white or red.

The LS48 tends to be a tad cheaper than the LC53. Approx ?249 as apposed to ?279 ish. Depends on the dealer though.

best wishes

Thanks all, I never thought of looking at the recipt LOL, listed as VALS48 VDC now from my research it seems the LS48 may be a solid body where the ALS has the following spec;

Body - Alder
Top - Flamed Sycamore
Neck - Maple, set neck
Fingerboard - Rosewood, crown inlays, 22 frets
Hardware - Chrome
Pickups - 2 * PAF-Vintage MK4
Controls - 2*volume, 2*tone, 3-way selector

I see that the "dimple" on your headstock is much more pronounced than the one on my LS150. I had to take a second look at mine to be sure, but mine has a barely noticeable dimple compared to yours. Maybe it's the different model, or even country of manufacture?

Was speaking to Tokai UK this morning, seems the ALS48 is indeed Alder, with a canadian Maple neck. Was also messin around in Photoshop today, for those interested in a small t-shirt logo or for a baseball cap this may be of interest. If anyone wants the PSD or a reverse image let me know.

TokaiLR.jpg

leadguitar_323 said:
LS-150= made in Japan
ALS-48= Made in China {previously Korea}

Mick

I realize that the LS-150 is Japanese, and that the ALS-48 is Korean made. However, the comment that I made was referring to the difference in the headstock dimple. Mine is also a UK-sourced guitar, 2009 model LS-150, and the dimple is much different: smaller, and more rounded, whereas the picture posted by Centris shows a pointy and tall dimple, nipple, or finial (big fancy word for someone from Leeds :wink: )

Fair enough...

I didn't see the explanation being different factories having different dimples.

In my mind they would have had the same tooling, drawings, etc. So I thought that the dimples would be the same.

Another difference in mine is that the ?made in China? on the back of the headstock is a sticker, not printed under the poly as the 6 digit serial is. And I think VDC means ?very dark cherry? lol

Latest posts

Back