Brian by Bacchus Live Road Model Les Paul [Help?]

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartassplayingdumb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this board. I've been looking around but never really posted.

I'm trying my first MIJ Les Paul, and I need your input on this one guitar I found. It's a Brian by Bacchus Live Road Model Les Paul. I know Bacchus guitars, but how about this Brian one?

Here are the specs according to the seller:
Color:
-Lemon drop or Faded Honeyburst - MIJ

Basic Features:
-60s neck profile (slim)
-long tennon set neck (see last pic)
-2 piece solid mahogany back
-2 piece solid plain maple top

Upgrades:
-Grover high ratio tuners
-Pickups and hardware from an Orville LP Std.

It looks pretty amazing, but looks aren't everything. (Pics below)

Around how much would you price it? Apparently, the pups were changed to Orville by Gibson ones, is that an upgrade? I'm gonna test out the sound in a couple of days, btw.

Also vets, could you give me an estimate on a familiar comparison to it? Like on the level of an epiphone les paul studio or a burny rlc-60, etc.

Thanks guys!

Here are the pics:
bacchus.jpg

brian-body.jpg

brian-top.jpg

longtennon.jpg

Hi and welcome

The Brian guitars were Bacchus' lower priced range made in Korea and now in China, not Japan. The details you posted say the pickups are Orville, not OBG, the Orville pickups are OK, maybe an upgrade from the originals, but roughly the same standard.

Don't let the fact it's Korean put you off, the bottom like is how it plays and sounds, as for value, I would say in the UK about ?300, and looking at the pics it looks like a well put together guitar definetely better than Epiphone standards!!

I would say that AFA quality it's likely on par with the Bacchus BLS-600/BLS-700 Live Road models

those also have 2 pc. center seam body backs, and 2 pc. center seam tops, topped with laminate/veneers

like that solid plain top :)

But would you really be happy with a guitar that says Brian on the headstock?

:eek:

Unless your name is Brian, of course. :lol:

Mike

stratman323 said:
But would you really be happy with a guitar that says Brian on the headstock?

:eek:

Unless your name is Brian, of course. :lol:

Mike
It's NOT the Messiah of guitars....just a very very naughty one..!!!

Wow, I couldn't get any hits on other sites about this axe! Thanks!

Oh, do you guys think it's worth swapping my Ibanez sz520 for? Also, what's the difference between Orville and Orville by Gibson?

smartassplayingdumb said:
Wow, I couldn't get any hits on other sites about this axe! Thanks!

Oh, do you guys think it's worth swapping my Ibanez sz520 for? Also, what's the difference between Orville and Orville by Gibson?

"Orville by Gibson" was the name given to the high-end guitars produced by Orville, they came with USA Gibson pickups.

I think a swap for a sz520 is a good deal for you, but I would still play the Bacchus first if you can just to be sure you like it!!

Alright thanks. I just got confirmation that the pups are Orville, not OBG. Still a good deal?

I'm prolly gonna try it out tomorrow or the day after.

smartassplayingdumb said:
Alright thanks. I just got confirmation that the pups are Orville, not OBG. Still a good deal?

I'm prolly gonna try it out tomorrow or the day after.

Still a good deal! but if you like you Ibanez, don't just get the Bacchus because it's a good deal, make sure you like it first! :wink:

I told you it was worth coming here! ;) I sent him here from ultimate guitar (i think :lol: ). thanks for helping him out, guys :)

Back