Bought this on Ebay/Is it real or fake?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quote from he's very listing you be the judge:

An beautiful Tokai Les Paul, Made-in-Japan "Love Rock" model LS-75. Guitar is in mint condition! Fret board and wires are in perfect condition, displaying no noticable play-wear!!! Gorgeous carved cherry-burst solid maple-top on mahogany, with historically-correct dove-tail bookmatch head-stock. Cream-bound rosewood fingerboard, appointed with beautiful mother-of-pearl position markers! Serial number: 0509797, produced in 2005. Neck is a nice medium C-profile that is a pleasure to fret, but not too chunky. Body finish is mint, with no finish marks or abrasions and zero belt buckle rash.

So, No finish marks or abrasions:not true.Look at the photo's
No noticable wear, we'll yes and no(maybe he didn't notice?), There is some wear(groves)fret
1,2 at least.

I'm not arguing that this is not possible or to be expected from
a guitar of any age! Go to G.C. you'll see this on a brand new guitar!
I wouldn't buy it though!

TT

Okay, I see your point:

Mint was not a good description. (I'd say it's a 9 out of 10) but the description didn't say "like new" or "in new condition".

There are marks on the body (pressure dents really) Nothing to the wood.

Can't really see the headstock detail - do you mean the spot to the right of the truss rod cover on the edge? Is it a dent or chipped all the way thru the finish to the wood?

Certainly points to discuss..........I'd have waited a couple more days to hear back before launching negative feedback. In my opinion, the bumps aren't that bad and certainly won't affect the tone or playability of the guitar. Are you a gigging player or recreational?

Now that you've left feedback, I don't think there is much hope of resolution. You won't hear a peep back from the seller and chances are he'll leave you negative feedback as well. If you feel the item was grossly misrepresented, you could have contacted eBay or disputed the charge if it were on a credit card.

Chalk it up to experience but more importantly, didn't you buy it to play? Dig into it, enjoy it and put your first chip or two in it. :wink:

trevort said:
Well, I'm going to keep the guitar. The quality is good. But, I'm not happy about the way it was listed.
I believe it's in very good condition with some flaws and marks. Some light wear on the frets. But, it was listed as Mint!

I probably did pay what a new one would cost? I can't tell because I'm in the U.S. and who knows?

He won't respond to any of my emails and the fact that it was falsely listed
from the gate, I've left Neg. feedback. Sorry, nice guy or not. I didn't pay for a worn guitar.

Trevor

:(

Sorry BUT I gotta come outta lurk for this one ............

eBay NO LONGER allows a seller to leave a buyer any feedback except a positive, which is totally wrong.

If you wanted a spotless guitar, you should have waltzed down to Guitarted Center, or Dirty Hairy's Spotless Guitars & Deals.

I will give you kudos for admitting your giving Gus a neg. feedback 'cause at least now, you're on my 'Blocked Bidders List' :wink:

OK, back to lurk ...................................

I personally don't see what the problem is here - you bought a guitar using the 'Buy It Now' option...whats the problem? You didn't request any info from the seller, you didn't request any images from the seller....then you cry about a tiny little dent to the bodywork or two....I don't get it? :roll:

marcusnieman said:
Well, for all we know he could be on holiday or in the hospital. You only got the guitar on Saturday and you flame him with negative feedback on Monday? I hate ebayers like you.
Me too.
+1 Marcus.

marcusnieman said:
Okay, I see your point:

Mint was not a good description. (I'd say it's a 9 out of 10) but the description didn't say "like new" or "in new condition".

There are marks on the body (pressure dents really) Nothing to the wood.

Can't really see the headstock detail - do you mean the spot to the right of the truss rod cover on the edge? Is it a dent or chipped all the way thru the finish to the wood?

Certainly points to discuss..........I'd have waited a couple more days to hear back before launching negative feedback. In my opinion, the bumps aren't that bad and certainly won't affect the tone or playability of the guitar. Are you a gigging player or recreational?

Now that you've left feedback, I don't think there is much hope of resolution. You won't hear a peep back from the seller and chances are he'll leave you negative feedback as well. If you feel the item was grossly misrepresented, you could have contacted eBay or disputed the charge if it were on a credit card.

Chalk it up to experience but more importantly, didn't you buy it to play? Dig into it, enjoy it and put your first chip or two in it. :wink:

That's fine. I've emailed him since.I finally received email from him,
I told him I'll keep it the way it is no need to negotiate anything else.
Nothing I can do about the feedback now.
If he wants to send me negative feedback that's fine.

And your right I shouldn't have used buy it now so quickly.
Still stand by my Mint condition complaint though,that's what I thought I paid for.
Sure it's fine the way it is. That's wasn't the point.
But, my fault. Can't change it now.
You can all pound on my head now! Have fun!

TT

You left negative feedback after 2 days? And before the seller even had a chance to respond to you and suggest an amicable resolution? Boy, what a low-life way to behave! Why the hurry to leave a negative?

And you throw around words like "dishonesty" & "deception"? It's people like you who make selling stuff on eBay too risky to be worth it - you ruin it for the rest of us.

I have also blocked you from bidding on anything I sell. I see you have a feedback score of 1. :lol: So you're hardly experienced at trading on eBay, are you Trev? Let's hope it stays that way....

stratman323 said:
You left negative feedback after 2 days? And before the seller even had a chance to respond to you and suggest an amicable resolution? Boy, what a low-life way to behave! Why the hurry to leave a negative?

And you throw around words like "dishonesty" & "deception"? It's people like you who make selling stuff on eBay too risky to be worth it - you ruin it for the rest of us.

DON'T bid on anything I sell. :evil:

Okay.I won't.Don't buy much on ebay now, I know why.

trevort said:
Don't buy much on ebay now, I know why.

Caveat Emptor, Trev - first rule of buying anything from anyone, anywhere and anytime. You can't be naive on eBay my friend....you're buying something sight unseen and you'd better ask every question you can think of and additional pictures.

On all things I sell via eBay, my closing statement on the description is "All times are sold as is and are described as accurately and honestly as possible. Please ask all questions before bidding. There are no refunds or warranties unless specifically mentioned"

Chalk it up to expierience and just play the **** thing.

I finally ventured into ebay after many years of local/regional/national sales/purchases. I could not agree more with marcusnieman!

Ruining someone's reputation is the worst one can do, me thinks.

Peace brother. :D

Seen the listing.

I've got one of those. It Rocks like a *******!

That was a fair price, even if it wasn't an absolute bargain.

"Stop whining, Start playing" :wink:

You'll love it. Seriously. :D

I do like the guitar and the more I play it and compare it to some of
even the new Les Paul's it is a bargain. So, I'll shut up and enjoy it now.
If I had to do it over again, I might of asked more about the condition. I guess I was excited about getting this! And didn't want someone else to jump on it.
As far as Gus goes, I probably should have waited a bit longer to hear from him.I can't take it back now so,what do you do?

So, I've made mistakes before. I'm sure we all have.

To be honest
I didn't think I was allowed to leave Negative feedback that would actually
damage or count towards his score. Because of this new policy, I was a bit taken back about it. I thought based upon what they said that it wouldn't count on his score and that it would be private to him only.Now, I can't do anything about it. Can I?

They need to address that scoring system, maybe they're could be some kind of middle man(Ebay) before it is allowed to be posted Poss.,Neut.Neg.
This way people won't be able to automatically lash out right away.
As misunderstandings can happen as in this case.I'm not the most
patient person in the world at times.Maybe it could have been reversed so,
we could move on. There's nothing wrong with forgiveness as long as
know one gets hurt in the end.

:oops:
TT

In the old days, when sellers could leave both negative & positive feedback, a buyer of mine clicked the wrong button - he left me a negative feedback score but postive comments. When I asked him about it, he was very apologetic and said he had made a mistake. His comments indicated that this was true.

He then withdrew his feedback, which gave me my 100% score back again. I think the process is known as mutually agreeing to withdraw feedback, & I imagine that it still exists. The seller might have to agree to it, but I don't imagine that will be a problem.

If you can't find out how to do this, eBay should be able to help if you send them a message.

8)

I want to send them an email tonight when I get home from work.
and hopefully get this resolved.
I'm truly sorry this had to go this way.

Thanks!
:cry:

Trevor

trevort said:

Thanks!

Trevor

Relax.....chalk it up to experience and learn from it.

marcusnieman said:
trevort said:

Thanks!

Trevor

Relax.....chalk it up to experience and learn from it.

Thanks man! I just want to assure people that I'm really not the jerk they probably think I am.

TT

Well. They are talking about changing the feedback system to be able to change your feedback in the fall but, not able to go backwards.

The only thing I did was to add a positive follow up on that neg. that was added. So, people can see that my intentions to change that to a positive feedback are there.

So, hopefully people will read that and not pay attention to the actual score.

All I can do right now.

Back