New Tokai Gold Star

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutchit

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought this on eBay, not too much info there really. I wonder could anyone identify the year model please? Is it Real? Did I get a good deal? Is this a good Tokai model? Thanks for any help!

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110742969625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Very cool guitar, congrats.

Not sure what year yours is, but it's currently called an AST70....which means 70 000 JYen = 597 GBP.

Basically it's a Re-Issue of a 50's Fender Strat.

clutchit said:
Thanks very much for your response Diamond. How can you tell it is an AST70?

I'm saying it's currently an AST70 (2010 catalog)...not sure what year yours is and what the model number was at the time..

Is there any way of telling what year it is? Are these regarded as good gold stars? Are they as good as Springy Sounds or Siver Stars? Thanks again. The guitar should be arriving tomorrow so I'll get a chance to try it hen and I can post some pics maybe

Hi, the origial issue would be AST55 as in 55,000 yen for the metallic Blue custom colour option. If you take the pick guard off you will see a code like '5 = 11 MBX' where we know that MB stands for metallic blue. We still do not know what the numbers and the X and z's stand for. We think they are to do with months and production line codes.

Anything above the 55 code would probably be 2 piece body (difficult to tell on solid colours) etc. Hope this helps but it is based on the UK / Europe versions (TST) with the 'accurate' headstocks, not the AST versions which may have different specs.

Iain

Back