82/83 ST100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
For sale on one of the Facebook tokai groups in Scotland. £1000 GBP, no case. Middle PUP has been replaced with a U. This a block logo guitar but someone has replaced it with the later logo. You can still see the outline of the old logo.

OZcCCWj.png
yjdTn2Z.png
Yk4OFBr.png
VqfXTu2.png
or9WxDY.png

Oh wow…..

Sometimes that happens at the factory apparently.

mdvineng has a VS bass that was spaghetti logo > script logo.

And that about the latest ST100 I believe I have seen. 😳

Last edited:
This may help document when the script logo actually began.

Any more pics?

Under the pickguard pics?

Pickups?

This may help document when the script logo actually began.

Any more pics?

Under the pickguard pics?

Pickups?
No more pics on the post but I'll ask. The neck and bridge pickups are alnico black bottoms, middle has been replaced with a U. Colour code is TG.

Last edited:
Furthermore apparently this one was in Peter Macs book.

In fact see post #15 & 16 of the ST100 Gallery thread, it's the same guitar!

No more pics on the post but I'll ask. The neck and bridge pickups are alnico black bottoms, middle has been replaced with a U. Colour code is TG.
Oh wow. I’ve been looking for this guitar…

It was ok Iain’s book, not Peter’s. I asked him recently about this guitar. Wild.

Oh wow. I’ve been looking for this guitar…

It was ok Iain’s book, not Peter’s. I asked him recently about this guitar. Wild.
Ah, seller said forum book, just assumed. Are the black bottom pups correct for this model?

Depends on when it was made. If it’s late 1983/84 could be DiMarzio VS-1?

So maybe Feb 1984?

Would be cool to see an image of the body code. Never seen a TG guitar other than this one.

Depends on when it was made. If it’s late 1983/84 could be DiMarzio VS-1?

So maybe Feb 1984?
Or Feb 1983 if the guitar was made, but then held and re badged, possibly Re-wired with VS-1 pickups and sold later at the end of 1983/84? May never know unless the owner is found. Iain?

Last edited:
Or Feb 1983 if the guitar was made, but then held and re badged, possibly Re-wired with VS-1 pickups and sold later at the end of 1983/84? May never know unless the owner is found. Iain?
The current owner Colin is the one who had it when it went into the book. He didn't purchase it new and he bought it as it is now, other than its had a refret a few years ago.

It's a poly paint finish if you look at the chips around the neck plate and what's the point of having a one-piece body if you paint it black Guitars with gold hardware are hard to sell especially black, much prefer my 84 tobacco burst. I think Tokai guitars are underrated I just bought an 82 Squier JV last week these sell for much more and are equal but not superior to a Tokai.

Last edited:
Ummmm.... It's not black. It's translucent green (TG). Only one I have ever seen.

It's a well known guitar published 15 years ago in Iain Black's book.

Latest posts

Back