1981 Tokai Love Rock VF Flame Top OHSC Dimarzio PAF pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
Who Snagged this?
:eek: :eek: :eek:
1981 Tokai Love Rock VF Flame Top OHSC Dimarzio PAF pickups

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130720860255&nma=true&rt=nc&si=6kVrskyTh2RZBG56KQESo0QpLZI%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Yep, that is a solid top, serial within 100 of mine.
fotos043_01.jpg

Like that one better though.

That is a nice guitar but I would have guessed it is a thin veneer top based on the pictures with no real flame in the sides of the pickup cavity. Yours on the other hand is easy to tell as a solid top. I guess there is no way to know for sure.

wulfman said:
That is a nice guitar but I would have guessed it is a thin veneer top based on the pictures with no real flame in the sides of the pickup cavity.

+1
The front cavity shot tells the story, and the joins seem to be slightly different between the top and the veneer (IMO).

Very nice looker! Definitely has the look of an old LP, although I much prefer Jacco's guitar.

I think that one was a veneer jacco, hmm after looking again maybe not, looks like some shading down the sides from the flametop.. but the seam looks off, could be the angle tho..

Sometimes a ipad can come in handy, when zoomimg in, quality stays pretty ok. There is flame going to side of the cavity wall.

Back