• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 Ls 80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarccoco

Reaction score
My friend is selling his 1980 vintage sunburst LS 80. Its a Reborn Old and says "Reborn" on the headstock.

He paid 1600 USD, and thats what he wants for it.

Ill post pics tonight. It has the original case.

When I saw the heading, I thought you had gone over to "the dark side" & bought a Les Paul!

Here are some quick pics, will post better ones when i have daylight. I need to have it looked at to rule out the checking/stress cracks in the lacquer on the back of the neck as being a crack. Im convinced that it is just checking in the lacquer but must have a pro look at it to back up my opinion. :D any opinions?/ or ways to confirm? the checking goes against the grain. I would think a crack would follow the grain, especially a small one like this.. It also has a Dimarzio pup in the bridge, i believe period correct.

petestokai001.jpg

petestokai004.jpg

petestokai010.jpg

petestokai012.jpg

Wow. Definitely worth waiting for the pics. I don't recall reflector knobs on a period Tokai, but they're a nice touch with the top.

I'm definitely not a professional, but those are just finish cracks, and not structural. Don't know what would have caused them, they surely aren't normal temperature related checking, but I wouldn't be concerned about them, either.

Thanks for sharing!

sorry ya'all.. sold to one of my bandmates..

We went to a jam this sunday, my friend johnny, ray and I all played our tokais(ls 70 goldtop p-90, ls 80, and st 80) at the same time on stage.. must be a record.. :D

Back