• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Yuta Bridge Pickup for Bacchus BST 64

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forest Lemon

Reaction score
Last year I purchased a beautiful Shoreline Gold Bacchus BST 64 that had the original bridge pickup swapped. I would really like to replace it with an original Yuta Bridge pickup to return it to stock, and because the middle pickup has a reverse polarity to standard Strats so every replacementive tried is out of phase. Thanks!

20240524_153928.jpg

very nice BST-64V you have there :cool:

Are the two remaining (original) pickup pole tops flat or beveled?

Looks a lot like the one TF member wulfman had some time ago, which he sold and then it was sold again after being listed on Reverb.

wulfman had a photo of his BST-64 which showed the pick guard off. Under the pick guard it looked like Inca Silver but the areas where the clear coat was exposed it looked 'gold' in color.

The finish on this original '64 did something similar to wulfman's BST-64.
https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Fender-Stratocaster-1964-Inca-Silver-Metallic-62126

very nice BST-64V you have there :cool:

Are the two remaining (original) pickup pole tops flat or beveled?

Looks a lot like the one TF member wulfman had some time ago, which he sold and then it was sold again after being listed on Reverb.

wulfman had a photo of his BST-64 which showed the pick guard off. Under the pick guard it looked like Inca Silver but the areas where the clear coat was exposed it looked 'gold' in color.

The finish on this original '64 did something similar to wulfman's BST-64.
https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Fender-Stratocaster-1964-Inca-Silver-Metallic-62126
They are the staggered/un-beveled poles in the neck and middle positions. It very well could be the same guitar. I've seen a previous ad for it on Reverb, and I bought it from Guitar Center. Unfortunately, the bridge pickup seems to have been lost in the shuffle somewhere. Under the pickguard is definitely a proper Shoreline Gold that is similar to the color of sand, but has yellowed/ greened over time.

Attachments

• 20231128_153830.jpg
    20231128_153830.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
Just some general observations based on my experience with Bacchus Vintage Series BST examples.
Sorry if any of this is confusing; it isn't meant to be.

AFAIK the BST-64V examples pre-date the BST-62 examples, this based on a few observations.
(1) catalog info
(2) multiple BST-64V and BST62 examples in my own hands
(3) serial numbers (of course these can be changed but typically that isn't the case)

The original run of BST-64Vs in the serial # range 000*** to 009*** had Bacchus Alnico-Special pickups.
These had flat pole tops; not beveled.
I have owned several BST-64Vs in the serial range 001*** to 009*** and these all had the flat top poles.

The later BST-62 are typically in the 101*** to 102*** serial # range.
These will typically have the Yuta VS-2 which have beveled top poles.

Pickups are like serial numbers on screw plates; these can all be subject to owners changing things.

Also consider the potential for overlap of parts during any era of transition.

One thing that seems to be consistent with the earlier Alnico-Specials and the later Yutas are the green, red and yellow paint dots on the bases. Same can be said for the Momose single coils.

AFA locating a replacement bridge pup or even a replacement set, no matter if Alnico-Special or Yuta, that will be a difficult task.
Good luck .....................

Back