What does "DMC" mean ... ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
I hope someone knows what it means ... :-?
... I've read that regarding the Fender Strat types ...

Thanks
Roger

stratman323 said:
In what context? Can you give an example?

The guitar type says "Fender ST62 - 105 DMC" ... it's a 3tone sb Strat ... MIJ ... lacquer finish

Can it be possible that it has got a " ?? Mid Circuit" ???

Cheers
Roger

Sorry, I don't recall ever seeing that. And I look at a lot of eBay Strat adverts!

DaveWW said:
No - it means it means DiMarzio Collection pickups.

Good job, Dave ... Thanks alot !!! :lol: :lol:

... and also Thanks to the other guys ... help much appreciated ... :wink: :wink:

Roger
BTW - Gottfried, where do you get all those pics from ??? :eek: :eek:

only the top end from the DiMarzio series have the lacquer finsh, 2 piece bodies and US electronics...other lower priced models from that line do not.

Thanks, sneaky, for the additional info ... :lol: :lol:

Roger

BTW - is it Fender's answer on the Edwards' Super Real series with the Duncans inside ???

might be... but FJ has built some real nice high quality guitars before for chain shops.

Do you know which models they are ... lacquer, ash bodies perhaps, rose fretboard ... ????

Roger

depends...most are shop orders, I know them when they show up on the Japanese web.

Have a look at this page
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/gakkiten/421153/424993/798909/

You'll need to a translation tool.

Dave

togps said:
You're right Dave.

I have one of those Fenders CIJ ST62-105DMC.

It sure gives the Fender custom shop guitars a run for their money. Flawless build quality.... I mean perfect... 2 piece alder body.. nitro finish.. and the DiMarzio Classic Vintage pickups aren?t bad at all.. very low action neck with no buzzing.... for 800 euros including shipping and customs, it was almost a steal.

8)

Hmmm, sounds good. Are they all nitro, or do they have a poly undercoat like the newer US reissues?

Poly undercoat, but having owned an oldish US reissue, and a JV85 both with poly undercoat they do age beautifully, and soundwise I defy anyone to be able to hear the difference.

I've never understood why Fender Japan guitars are so hard to find. They don't feature at all on the Fender UK website, and only a few dealers seem to stock them :cry:

Back