TST80 Goldstars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting to wonder if the "A" stamp indicates nitro finish?

Obviously the "A" stamp doesn't just mean a V neck if the rosewood version of the TST80 has a U neck.

Anyone ever seen an A stamp on a V neck TST60? Which would be poly finish.

Sorry for hijacking the TST80 thread. Here is my '83 or '84 TST60 YS SN 0619 w E stamp PUs, a V-profile neck and Final Prospec bridge saddles but it's missing the model number sticker:

DSC02090.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG

I have another Model 54 TST60 GS that's still in Japan and it has the model number sticker which I'll provide the details on once it arrives:

1983 Tokai TST-60 GS SN 1567 - Neck Plate and Model Sticker.jpg

Thanks for sharing that. I’m not seeing an A stamp on the neck.

I’m really wondering if the A indicates that it’s nitro rather than the neck shape since that U neck TST80R has an A stamp.

Will be curious if the new one has an A stamp. Let me know if you find out. I’m very curious.

Thanks for sharing that. I’m not seeing an A stamp on the neck.

I’m really wondering if the A indicates that it’s nitro rather than the neck shape since that U neck TST80R has an A stamp.

Will be curious if the new one has an A stamp. Let me know if you find out. I’m very curious.
Seems to make sense. That would also explain why the A appears on both the neck and the body.

Back