Tokai MK2-S Pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tudor88

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to figure this out, but apparently, it's not quite easy.

Question is simple, perhaps you can help. I would like to purchase a Tokai guitar, LP style, having their higher output MK2-S pickups, the ones rated (based on info found on this forum) to around 15k in the bridge position.

Is there a definitive list of the models that have this pick up installed from factory, or could someone point me towards some examples?

I'm interested in new models, as in 2020-ish +, not vintage ones.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to respond!

Welcome.

Can you help me understand what you are asking?

Are you:

1. trying to figure out what a particular LS model is, or

2. specifically trying to find guitars with these pickups because you like them?

Here is a thread on these in case you did not find it already.

And looks like they show up around 2012-.

Catalogs show them in low-mid level LS models. So laminate tops, polyurethane finish. Multi piece bodies.

2012 catalog

Scan 1 10.jpeg

2015 catalog

IMG_6671.jpg

2017 catalog

Scan 5.jpeg

2018 catalog

Scan 4.jpeg

2024 Tokai web site

lineup3.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

Point no. 2 is the one I'm after.

Basically I have a couple of models short listed, from their LS140 or LS148 range. They all mention having the PAF Vintage MK-2S pickups. But from what I've read on this thread (https://www.tokaiforum.com/threads/tokai-humbucker-models-resistance.26692/), some versions come with Bridge: 11.45k (version 1 base plate) while others come with Bridge: 15k, 14.65k, 15.14k, 14.74k MK2-S (version 2 base plate).

Not sure how to tell which one is in which model of a Tokai guitar.

Do you mean new guitars?

The catalogs I linked show that same guitars with the model numbers changing over the past 12 years. All have those pickups.

Basically flame laminate, 2 piece back, polyurethane finish guitar or the plain top version it looks like.

Untitled-1.jpg

And very hard to know who made these and why they seem to vary. Tokai has never been very forthcoming about that sort of thing, but you might try asking them since it sounds like you are looking at new guitars.

Last edited:
Back