Tailpiece, bridge, pickup

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersozzy

Reaction score
Hi

I am about to upgrade my LS85F and wonder if you can give me some advice what stuff I should get.

I want a Zebra Bridgepickup (what?s the best ?)
lightweight tailpiece (vintage)
bridge (vintage)

Anders
Sweden

Hi!
I do not think, that there is any "best pickup" on that planet, cause that?s always very personal thing!

Depending on:

What sound do you want, and do you expect?

There will be a lot of different advices, ans I?m sure all of these pickups sound good!

Here?s a Soundfile of a LS85F with my AGL ?62 Pickup (made by Harry Haeussel), with Al. STP and Stock bridge.

Just the guitar in a "Retrodrive" (overdrive booster) , and then in an ?82 Marshall 2203. Speaker is a Greenback via SM57. First it?s only the guitar pure, then with gain1, and later with gain2 of the Retro!

good on ya, "ACY"

http://www.acys-lounge.de/soundfiles/agl_sf_retro2203_pur_01.mp3

Now I gotta find the right Mic position (did not care for that "quick & dirty" recording) , and give a bit more power to the speakers!

Yep, that pure tone?s to my taste too!

"ACY"

Hi

Thanks for the sample, it sound like AC/DC i must say, little too much distortion for me though, but nice anyway. I looking for some more "Bluesy" sound (Gary Moore) like.

Anders
Sweden

Hi Anders!
If you want to, have a look at my homepage, and check out the Soundfiles section. There is a clip called Humbucker Classic! Give it a try! Could be, what you?re looking for!

bye, "ACY"

Hi ACY

That?s more like it, Im looking for the bridge pickup. Is it called Gibson Classic Bridge A2 ?

By the way, is it you who played ? I think it was very good :D

Anders
Sweden

Hi Anders!
Yep, that?s me playing these files! Makes a lotta fun! Specially as there is no real drummer who always wants to make discussions.............! :D

It is called: Haeussel Humbucker Classic Alnico 2

Haeussel is a "top of the line" german pickup maker, who (IMO) is making absoluteley fine pickups which can mess with the best pickups arround!

I tried hundreds of pickups in the past twenty years (ok, nut beeing hundreds, but about one hundred! :D ) , never beeing really satisfied. But then I got contact with Harry ( I call him "Dirty Harry" sometimes!) Haeussel (in german written "H?ussel") who made two custom wound pickups for me!

100% shot in the heart! Pefect to me! If you could read german, you should have a look in my guestbook bout all these happy Haeussel users now!

But now I better quit writing these stories............................!

Pickups are very personal things, and I think that Harry hits the taste of most guitar players very well!

Cheers, "ACY"

Hi Skybone!
Just had a look at BKn-homepage! Prices seem to be ok! Never had the chance to play one here in Germany! - It?s always good to see, that european pickup makers do great jobs too!
cheers, "ACY"

Latest posts

Back