Solid top TOKAI ls120 1981????????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JVsearch said:
JohnA said:
MIJvintage said:
JohnA said:
MIJvintage said:
Wood is your friend, not your enemy; one just needs to understand what the lumber is trying to tell you

:roll:

little bit too deep for you there john :lol: .........................

Just a bit :wink:

Yeah, I might as well use the force to tell me what the wood is saying! :lol:

the wood is say, "don't let any termites get close" :lol: :p :lol: .................

JohnA said:
JVsearch said:
JohnA said:
MIJvintage said:
JohnA said:
MIJvintage said:
Wood is your friend, not your enemy; one just needs to understand what the lumber is trying to tell you

:roll:

little bit too deep for you there john :lol: .........................

Just a bit :wink:

Yeah, I might as well use the force to tell me what the wood is saying! :lol:

'Lumber' if you don't mind :wink:

'Lumber' would be a better term :lol: :lol: :lol: ........................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF8VR8oAPVE&feature=PlayList&p=D100DF9BD3F92BCA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=48

"safety goggles must be worn at all times" :lol: ...............
"I gave her the finger" :lol: :lol: :p 8) :lol: ...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s-vZOF2vsw

So we have "The Lumber Whisperer" :lol: :lol:

If the LS-120 was made with a solid top, it would have been for the first year only, probably late '79. All subsequent years would have a veneer top - '80-'83.
Again the quality of the top used was quite good but in terms of flame most LS-120 seemed to have an A or AA top rather than a spectacular AAA or AAAA top, like the LS-150.

Peter Mac said:
So we have "The Lumber Whisperer" :lol: :lol:

If the LS-120 was made with a solid top, it would have been for the first year only, probably late '79. All subsequent years would have a veneer top - '80-'83. .

I have 2 ls120's, a 79 that I'm certain is a veneer, and an 82 that im certain is solid, I might have to post some pics for our resident lumber expert :wink:

JOHN ,I would love to see some close up shots of your ls120s cavities :lol: I have to agree with mark about the quality of the veneers tokai used on a lot of ls120s was to say the least unspectacular,going from all the examples i have seen from searching the web.
I have never seen a ls120 in the flesh ,I find it bemusing that there is some much variations in the quality of the veneer tops tokai used,Like the ls120 here that i posted about,It is just well ,plain? why bother to to put a veneer on ?
My ls80 from 1980 has a more figured better looking top!
I am just getting interested in the higher ls models,I have a had a rather quick progression into MIJ guitars ,like speed learning.
I have purchased some fantastic guitars in a very short period of time,My first Mij was a lowly k=orville at the time i thought it was a good guitar,now after buying another 8 MIJs it was a POS.EVOLUTION !

I have reached a stage now where i am content with all my guitars ,they all are great players ,I have never been dissapointed with any grecos ,they are consistently good guitars.

Once i score a greco egf-1200 or tokai ls120 or higher i will be very happy and skint!

MOJO HOBO

I'll post a few pics at the weekend, youre more than welcome to drop by if you are in the area, and check out my cavities :eek:

Latest posts

Back