• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[SOLD!] Greco Firebird FB-980

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20 century boy

Reaction score
For sale a greco FB-980 from 1978 with original hardcase. Excellent conditions ( dings are on the pictures). Quite a collector. I'm in France.

1000?. Will consider trades.

Please read carefully the description below!

4_1213089663.jpg

Guitar is set neck, full mahogany.2 pieces body, 2 mini humbuckers made in japan. "greco" engraved vibrola.

I'll buy the Weber speaker if you sell me the Burny Goldtop :D

Seriously, how much for shipping to the UK for the Silver Bell, and can you tell me a bit about the Burny?

the Burny: it's REB-65 from end of the 80's. Pickup are super powerfull! :eek: My loudest basse with my Orville By Gibson. Body is 3 pieces and polyurethane finish. It really is a nice one if you like those kind of basses. I liked it a lot when I was playing home but now I'm in a band and I can't really choose the amps I'm playing on so...

Weight is 4 Kg with the bag so If we share the shipping cost ( around 40?) it makes 470? all included with an insurance. :)

The Epiphone LTD LQ? they're kind of Oville by Gibson without Gibson pickup. Body is 3 piece but woods sound really good, nice lacquer finish, made in fujigen gakki in 2006.

Ho the Greco Goldtop?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11099

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/20_century_boy/greco/
rare birds, Only saw a few in many years.

I'm not a Les Paul man, definitely... except for that Greco, 2 piece body, slim tapper neck, poly finish.

That Epiphone is **** sexy and sounds good but I don't play it.

Sorry, must get my eyes tested :D The Greco definetely isn't for sale then?

So, how much for shipping to the UK for the Silver Bell?

I'll take a bit of the shipping so it makes 100?.

Not the deal of the year, it's almost the price you'll pay if you buy it from Weber... :cry: well there's no taxes to pay

Check the price you would pay from weber with the british custom taxes, Weber's shipping is 35 or 40$ I think.

Thanks. I think the Weber is a bit expensive for my home-made combo project, but if you ever sell the Greco give me a shout!

Bitchin Greco Firebird..... I'd never played one before until a week ago at a friend's gig. He called me up from the audience mid song, handed me his Gibby and I got to peel a solo off. Fantastic guitar:

Marcus11.jpg

Really? The awful balance didn't put you off? Well, I guess if you're used to SGs, a Firebird is only slightly worse... :-?

Mike

It's a world away from tele/strat/LP/335.

Firebirds have a very good balance and are very easy to play. And the sound is incredible. SG too. I can't imagine something worst to play standing up than a LP or a 335.

Worst guitar to play standing up is the Les Paul ( may I remind you it's designed to play sitting) and everybody do it so I guess it doesn't matter as long as the design turns you on. :wink:

20 century boy said:
Firebirds have a very good balance and are very easy to play.

The Tokai Firebird I briefly owned was the most neck heavy guitar I ever played. :-?

this one stands horizontal.

Except with the crappy fender cheap straps. But does that count?

It's not exactly in the same price range than the tokai firebird. this one was the top of the line on the 78 catalogue. :wink:

stratman323 said:
Really? The awful balance didn't put you off? Well, I guess if you're used to SGs, a Firebird is only slightly worse... :-?

Mike

Actually, no balance issues at all. I think alot of that is the orientation of the guitar when you are playing it - I play off of my hip as opposed to flat across my belly - big difference in the center of gravity. The neck doesn't dive. It's more natural to pin the body down with your picking arm against your hip or side than in front of you. That's only my opinion - :wink: To each, his own.

Also, if you play with a wide flat strap - nylon particularly, they'll slide on your shoulder. But if you use a strap with a pad (wool, cotton or suede lined), that guitar is going nowhere.

Latest posts

Back