Real or fake Tokai Goldtop Love Rock on ebay?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warmachine

Reaction score
What's the deal with this headstock shape? and print on the back?

Hmmm :-?

Link?
But I can tell you that if it says "MAKE IN KOREA" then it's a fake.

Warmachine said:
What's the deal with this headstock shape? and print on the back?

Hmmm :-?

Whoops! here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-Love-Rock-Goldtop_W0QQitemZ190305491586QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2c4f175a82&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

If you bought that guitar you would be the proud owner of a made in Korea Dillion.
Or as it always says on the back of the headstock MAKE IN KOREA.
That headstock shape is always used by Dillion and NEVER by Tokai.
You'll notice that the seller is from Canada eh....
The home or Tokai fakes or Fakai's as you'll see them called around these parts.
As we always say...probably a very nice guitar...as are most Dillions...but NOT the same quality as a Tokai and NOT a Tokai..!!!
Oh...and I reported the listing... :D
The seller may or may not be trying to deceive but he needs to reword the listing.

The Mrs says I'm a prick coz that's the third listing I've had removed in 2 days...BUHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
She reckons I'm the Ebay Bouncer. 8)

leadguitar_323 said:
HAHAHAHAHA, screw them, if you have saved someone from some grief then good luck to you.... :wink:

Mick
+1. I wish there were more "eBay cops" out there to protect the people who actually believe what eBay sellers say in the descriptions. ;)

-Dean

The was a seller this week trying to offload a Bonplay(cheap chinese brand)SG-ish model and in his spiel he said that the Bonplay name of the brand was created as a tribute to Bon Scott .
I sent them a message to say that they had made my morning and that they need to consider stand up for a career. :p

I always hit up the fake Chinese LPs that have Gibson start prices on them. Sometimes I get colourful and angry replies.
They get the chance to do the right thing first, then I report it to ebay if there's no change to the listing.

I also contacted a buyer who won a Chinese fake LP for about $1700 and told him to look at the guitar before paying.
He later told me that the seller was refusing to allow pickup, so he didn't complete the deal.

My wife doesn't like me doing it, because she believes that some of the sellers will be criminals who might seek revenge on me
for ruining their fraudulent ebay auctions. All I can say is F*CK THEM! :evil:

I had this one removed over the weekend:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gibson-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ220409009836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item220409009836&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Advised the seller he may want to reword his auction and remove references to Gibson....
He relisted it and added "THIS IS A REPLICA GUITAR".
I guess that's better than nothing...and the best part is that nobody has bid on it.

JVsearch said:
I always hit up the fake Chinese LPs that have Gibson start prices on them. Sometimes I get colourful and angry replies.
They get the chance to do the right thing first, then I report it to ebay if there's no change to the listing.

I also contacted a buyer who won a Chinese fake LP for about $1700 and told him to look at the guitar before paying.
He later told me that the seller was refusing to allow pickup, so he didn't complete the deal.

My wife doesn't like me doing it, because she believes that some of the sellers will be criminals who might seek revenge on me
for ruining their fraudulent ebay auctions. All I can say is F*CK THEM! :evil:
Well, they have NO WAY of tracking you down, though. So, I think you're probably safe. Plus, any "real" criminal (e.g. somebody who would actually track you down and hurt you) probably isn't wasting their time selling fraudulent crap on eBay I imagine. :D

Ozeshin said:
If you bought that guitar you would be the proud owner of a made in Korea Dillion.
Or as it always says on the back of the headstock MAKE IN KOREA.
That headstock shape is always used by Dillion and NEVER by Tokai.
You'll notice that the seller is from Canada eh....
The home or Tokai fakes or Fakai's as you'll see them called around these parts.
As we always say...probably a very nice guitar...as are most Dillions...but NOT the same quality as a Tokai and NOT a Tokai..!!!
Oh...and I reported the listing... :D
The seller may or may not be trying to deceive but he needs to reword the listing.

Nope. Wasn't even considering buying. However I saw that headstock shape and knew it was something I've seen before. That was it a Dillion!

I was in a guitar store a few months back and was the only place I'd ever seen one.

leadguitar_323 said:
Good on you JV. I have been abused a few times as well but i don't care, they deserve everything they get....

Mick

One seller told me to piss off, so I told him that I would simply bid $100k on his auction and then refuse to pay because it was fake. He actually threatened me with legal action - using the internet to threaten or something. And he was possibly right, what I had said to him may have been actionable under the new legislation.

Dean said:
Well, they have NO WAY of tracking you down, though. So, I think you're probably safe. Plus, any "real" criminal (e.g. somebody who would actually track you down and hurt you) probably isn't wasting their time selling fraudulent crap on eBay I imagine. :D

I think you're right about the criminals, but I'm not convinced that someone couldn't track you down through ebay. If I have bid on a fraudulent auction, they could request my details from ebay saying they couldn't contact me. If it's just messages then I'm probably ok, but I bet a computer wizard could get there in the end if they had a few pieces of info like an email and rough location.

It's easy enough to find the address of anyone selling on eBay - buy something from them. Most invoices sent out by sellers contain their address.

Latest posts

Back