• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

None

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just when I thought I'd seen it all...

What a beauty! GLWTS Cliff.

Hi Cliff, re the pots. That's not original soldering. At least 2 pots are non original.

Good morning to you Cliff :)

If you look at the control cavity pic, you can see that the top right pot (bridge tone pot), with the typical Fujigen pot code, is different from the bottom 2 pots.
The bottom 2 pots have a non Fuji code and have a different lug shape and bakelite (or whatever it was made of back then) color and shape.
Also the ground wire going from neck pickup volume, to neck tone and ending at bridge tone is different (and non typical) from the one that goes from bridge volume to bridge tone.
Besides that: the way the wires are soldered onto the bridge and neck volume pots is different from how Fuji did it.
This makes me think that:
a. neck volume and tone pots were changed
b. the pickups were once changed. they still can be original to the guitar, but they once were taken out.
Caps are original.

Latest posts

Back