LS135F INFORMATION

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godriramone

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I?m a new user. Last year I bought a Tokai LS135F model. Can someone tell me please if it is one piece back or more? Someone told me it is more, but how can I see that? Would be visible the pieces?

Other question, I have changed the stock capacitors by 0.022 uf bumblebees. After that, I realize that the stock caps were 0.010 uf. Does anyone know why Tokai uses 0.010 uf caps?

Last question. How can I do to post pics?

Thank you very much!!!

you would see a faint join line if its 2 piece and also check on the side at the strap button you can tell by looking at the wood grain.

Colin

colinhotrod said:
you would see a faint join line if its 2 piece and also check on the side at the strap button you can tell by looking at the wood grain.

Colin

I can?t see nothing visible. Appears to be one piece, but I still have the doubt because a seller told me that is more than one piece. Thank you for your help!!!

That's what happens when the quality of the manufacturing process is so exceptional, it becomes very difficult to detect the join. :)

Be happy, you own a Tokai Japan masterpiece.

The Tokai website doesn't specifically say that it is a one piece:

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/ls135f.html

That leads me to believe that it is probably a 2-piece, but you never know, they may chuck the odd one out with 1-piece back.

Thank you all for your help!! If it is more than one piece, it's really a great job. Seems to be one.

Anyone can help me with capacitors? I have read a lot about this. Specifically I wonder if tokai's MKII needs 0.010 uf caps.

Thanks a lot!!!!

godriramone said:
Thank you all for your help!! If it is more than one piece, it's really a great job. Seems to be one.

Anyone can help me with capacitors? I have read a lot about this. Specifically I wonder if tokai's MKII needs 0.010 uf caps.

Thanks a lot!!!!

MKII's do not "need" 0.01's. The size of the cap simpley determines how much treble is rolled off by the time the tone control gets to 0.

0.022(?) is the industry standard. No idea why Tokai would choose otherwise - it could be as simple as they got a better deal for 0.01uF caps from the supplier. All that happens with 0.01 is that there will be a little more brightness with the tone control at 0, which could be good or bad depending on taste. You'd have that same sound available on a 0.022 tone control, you'd just have to set the control to 1 or 2.

Thank you guys! But be careful!! The seller who sold me the guitar through ebay, posted this guitar as ?one piece back?. Furthermore, a few weeks ago he had posted one guitar with this description, I told him that he was mistaken, but he did not do anything.
Thank you very much!!!!!

The thing is that Tokai do their joins so well that this isn't the first time someone thought they had a 1 piece back, anyway i wouldn't worry too much, my 2 favorite guitars have a 2 piece back and i have 1 piece guitars as well.

Mick

Latest posts

Back