HELP me ID this 2003 love rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tak_Matsumoto

“Matsumoto was given his own Signature Model Les Paul from Gibson in 1999. Matsumoto was added to the Gibson signature artist club as the first guitarist from Asia. He currently holds the record with 7 different signature models produced, including "Model Double Cutaway".[4][8] His Les Paul model was also adapted into an Epiphone.[8] In recent years was released signature model "Doublecut Custom Ebony".[2][11]”

Thanx i was just about to Google him!
This is my 1st Tokai guitar ! looks like a keeper?
bought it on a Tokyo auction site for $398.00 had it shipped for $125.00.
any idea what its worth?
Thanx again for all the Help!

From the information available it's basically an LS85Q with some cosmetic changes so that would be a good starting point in terms of value. It's certainly rare but not well known or highly sought after, and the condition is going to have an impact on value as well.

All that being said I still believe you got a fantastic bargain. At the end of the day it's still a quilt top MIJ Tokai. It shouldn't take much to restore it to its former glory, just don't expect to retire off the profits :lol:

Like I said , shes a Keeper!
I am going to restore it best I can
Just wish I could find a single ply Tortoise pickguard to match the binding?
any ideas would be GREAT!
THANKS!!!

eBay. Loads on there, and cheap too. If you're not sure what will fit I'd just buy a selection and try them out. They're cheap enough.

cant find a single ply tortoise pickguard just the cheap 3ply`s

Latest posts

Back