• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gretsch Brian Setzer G6120SSU Nashville 6120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tc2

Reaction score
Im selling my 2004 model Gretsch BS G6120SSU, it has been played but it fairly clean over all, comes with the original case. When I got the guitar I took the Brian Setzer sig. stuff off but I put it back on for resale.
its more orange and has more flame in the wood than what showed up in this old pic....the bindings are whiter also. plays great sound nice with the TV Jones pups.
I will take $1700.
email me at:
[email protected]

here the factory information.

The updated Gretsch Brian Setzer Nashville? models have been redesigned and built to Brian's rockin' and exacting specifications. Upon reviewing his killer vintage guitar collection, we rebuilt the trestle bracing to match his favorite '59, giving it a more solid feel with tons of sustain. Available in either Orange Tiger Flame (SSU), each guitar comes factory equipped with TV Jones? Classic pickups, Sperzel? locking tuners, pinned Adjusto-matic? bridge, and Bigsby? B6CB Vibrato tailpiece.

MODEL NUMBER G6120SSU
SERIES Signature Series
COLORS (812) Orange Stain, (G6120SSU),
CATEGORY Hollow Body Guitars
BODY STYLE Single Cutaway
SCALE LENGTH 24.6" (625mm)
TOP Arched Laminated Flame Maple
BRACING 1959 Style Trestle Bracing
BACK AND SIDES Laminated Flame Maple Body, 16" Wide, 2.75" Deep
NECK 2-Piece Maple
PICKUPS 1 TV Jones? Classic Pickup (Bridge),
1 TV Jones Classic Pickup (Neck)
PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
CONTROLS Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
Master Volume,
3-Position Toggle Master Tone Switch:
Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off
Position 2. Switch Out of the Circuit, Pickup is Wide Open (That Great Gretsch Sound!)
Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16" (43mm)
FRETBOARD Ebony, 9.45" Radius (240mm)
BRIDGE Pinned Rosewood-Based Adjusto-MaticTM Bridge
TAILPIECE Bigsby? B6CB Vibrato Tailpiece
HARDWARE Polished Aluminum and Nickel-Plated
FINISH Gloss Urethane
CASE Includes G6241 Deluxe Hardshell Case, US MSRP $220.00
NO. OF FRETS 22
MACHINE HEADS Deluxe Sperzel? Nickel-Plated Die-cast Locking Tuners
UNIQUE FEATURES White Dice Control Knobs,
Polished Aluminum and Nickel-Plated Hardware,
Neo Classic "Thumbnail" Inlay Position Markers,
Horseshoe Headstock Inlay,
Bound Fingerboard,
Delrin? Nut,
1959 Style Trestle Bracing,
Multiple Body Bindings,
Oversized F-Holes,
Gold Plexi Pickguard with Brian Setzer's Signature,
Brian Setzer's Name on Truss Rod Cover,
Schaller Straplocks,
Adjustable Truss Rod

pict0148y.jpg

thanks t

It would have been just as easy to enter the details in your profile as to type it in a post.....

:roll:

stratman323 said:
JohnA said:
Don't worry, Mikes on a campaign to get everyone to fill in there location details, it's not just you :wink:

Whatever.

:roll:

Forget it, Mike. Some folk on here don't want any help with selling their guitars. Get with the program - we're all in the global village now with the advent of the internet. Of course we in the UK don't mind paying Intl. courier fees and custom charges from Australia. Never mind that the same guitar (or very similar) is available to buy new in the UK.

Anyhow, surely the solution to this continuing annoyance would be for the mods to make it compulsory for new members to add their location details to their profile.

Nice guitar, by the way!

Best regards,
Darren

Never mind all that, what I can't fathom is how no one has spoken up in favour of Setzer's Christmas CDs. If you've got to have the bloody things but can't stand the more conventional stuff, Dig That Crazy Christmas is a life saver. Haven't got his other one, but if I ever see it I'll be grabbing it just as fast as I grabbed James Brown's Funky Christmas. (The JB album, incidentally, is so good that it's still a classic in June.)

Back