Greco Super Power Custom Eg500 - Chambered?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Egon

Reaction score
Hi everybody. My first post here.
I'm considering buying a Greco les paul and I found one I really liked, it is a Super Power Custom Eg-500, but I'm afraid it has a chambered body, or something like this..
There are some pictures here
http://imageevent.com/chingo123/april2010/grecosuperpowerlpcviolinsb5104?p=33&n=1&m=-1&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

The photo 34 made me think it's chambered. Could anyone help? I was thinking about a mint collection series, but I can find only the black or white colors. Do you think I should wait until finding a good mint collection or this one is a good choice?

Cheers

I have that same exact model and color. Serial number about 100 higher than that one. I don't recall if mine looked like that or not. Mine is not chambered and weighs 10 pounds. Great guitar.

WELCOME!
That EGC-500 -model is not chambered. The routing you are showing in the pic is the channel for the PU- & switch-wires.

I have a ?81 GRECO Super Power EGC-500 cherry sunburst, identical to the guitar you?re showing. It?s a great LP custom -model with all the specs you need. Great PUs, superb wood-quality, fret-edge-binding, nice inlays, smooth playability and susain for days. And a cool vibe!
I bought my EGC-500 for dirt cheap, with tons of dents and scars, but I will never sell her! It?s a sweet sounding Rock?n Roll working horse!

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-14.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-13.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-18.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-10.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-9.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-8.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-7.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-4.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-16.jpg

GrecoSuperPowerEGC-500cherrysunb-12.jpg

Hi everybody. Thanks for helping.
So that WAS a great deal. Yeah, the guitar was sold, but I am not the lucky guy who bought it..
I want a Greco les paul custom as a backup guitar, and want to pay about U$600 to U$700. The only problem is to find one the way I want, and when I find I lost it! In fact this is the second one I lost. There was also a super power tobacco sunburst a few weeks ago at ebay. I like to make contact with the seller before buying, but I think this is not the best way. We have to click to buy the moment we see the deal.
The super real are always too expensive and I can find only black and white mint collections. Even the black beauty being gorgeous I'd like a violin or tobacco burst..
The hunting continues... Cheers.

What about this one?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRECO-1989-LP-Custom-Rare-Violin-Brown-Color-Japan-/350333855297?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item5191866641

O.K., it?s a bit 'rocked', but looks great. Frets & board need some basic cleaning, otherwise it?s in your price-range.

All the best,
Ralf

Mojoburst, I had asked the seller some better and closer pictures but didn't receive an answer. Gonna ask again. Let's see what happens. Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back