got my self a Love Rock!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris66

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im new to this forum, Im a swedish guy and I just got my self a Love Rock:p well I actually had it for about 4 months now, then I accidently stumbled on this very nice forum for Tokai guitars! wow! I love this this guitar, it's not too fancy, it has a honey burst maple top with cream bindings, and one piece honduras mahogany back and mahogany set neck, the craftmanchip on this guitar is unbelievable, unplugged it feels and plays just like a customshop gibson, the wood really sings in it! and the sustain is forever. and loud! first I tought it was chambered cus it allmost sounds like an acoustic unplugged:p but its really heavy! and I knocked everywhere on it and it sound dence and found no hollows by knocking so I dont think so. the only thing that doesn't have the same quality as the rest of the guitar is the pickups?, and maybe the rest of the electronics as well, I will be changing this in the near future. I will putting a coupple of SD seth lovers in there with the jimi page wiring and push/pull pots, I have the feeling this will be awsome, surley a Gibson killer, I have no idea how old the guitar is, maybe you guys can help me with that? I will be posting some pics later. cheers :D

Hi,

I'm quite a new Love Rock owner as well (2000 LS65 Plain top) and I have to say i'm very impressed also with the quality. It plays as well as my other high end USA guitars easily but like you i'm not sure about the pickups. I'm finding they are quite bright and the tend to squeel a little if I use higher gain settings so like you am also looking at a pickup swap.

I don't think I can stretch to SD at the moment but I was looking at the Irongear pickups which look very cheap and I wondered if anyone else has experience with these pickups.

Sorry to hijack your thread, i'd love to see some pictures of your guitar! The folks hear are very knowledable so will no doubt be able to help you identify the model and age but if you look at the id section on the registry you can probably work it out for yourself.

Marc

Irongear are amazing value for money. I can heartily recommend them - I have a set of their humbucker-sized P90s, their Rolling Mills and the tele bridge pickup; initially bought as stopgap measures, I doubt I'll be replacing them any time soon.

Chris, your love rock won't be chambered :) Dating will depend on pics like you say.

AlanN said:
Irongear are amazing value for money. I can heartily recommend them - I have a set of their humbucker-sized P90s, their Rolling Mills and the tele bridge pickup; initially bought as stopgap measures, I doubt I'll be replacing them any time soon.

Chris, your love rock won't be chambered :) Dating will depend on pics like you say.

I was considering the Rolling Mills, how do you think they compare to the Tokai MK2's tonally and output? Do you know If these are made in the UK? I was assuming not given the price.

Marc

Pics???

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Ozeshin said:
yeah...c;mon man you don;t need a sig that big :roll: :p

ozeman, whats this exactly? u must know it deeo coz u r the gamer?
its everywhere on the forum lately u know.....still no idea i have...

:roll:

http://duh.evony.com/

SUSHI GUY said:
Ozeshin said:
yeah...c;mon man you don;t need a sig that big :roll: :p

ozeman, whats this exactly? u must know it deeo coz u r the gamer?
its everywhere on the forum lately u know.....still no idea i have...

:roll:

http://duh.evony.com/
You mean like that?
That's my gaming sig :D 8)
My gaming nick is Rhino because I'm not the most subtle gamer...I rush in and get killed first every time :p

Ozeshin said:
That's my gaming sig :D 8)
My gaming nick is Rhino because I'm not the most subtle gamer...I rush in and get killed first every time :p

Luckily your guitar playing is considerably more subtle huh? Not a touch of Gary Moore to sully your tasteful tones? :wink:

Anyway, aren't you a bit old to be playing games?

:eek:

Mike

Never too old Mike.
I build high end computer systems and there's no better way to put them through their paces than a game or 3.

Latest posts

Back