Goldstar sound info

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Perillo

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm from the Philippines and bought a used goldstar sound and I'm desperate fpr aby info about it šŸ˜… the previous owner doesnt have any for some reason. Would really appreciate your help šŸ™šŸ™
20230724_184847.jpg
20230724_190647.jpg

You were posting while I was typing.

I guess the color is OW (Olympic White).

Very cool to see these codes.

Should be a date stamp in the neck pocket. I can't quite see it. 2012 for sure.

23638-f8211b6bda01604f6f5e1819071246b9.jpg

Youā€™re welcome.

There is a stamp that says ā€œOWBā€.

The color of your guitar is darker than Olympic White. OW.

I wonder if OWB is the color? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that before. Very interesting.

Is the date on the body possibly 9-24-12 ?

I see ā€œ24 9ā€ and then I canā€™t read it.

Production code of ā€œE 9 10ā€ is interesting. The 9 is September like in the neck pocket.

Youā€™re welcome.

I wonder if OWB is the color? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that before. Very interesting.
WOw very interesting

Last edited:
Is the date on the body possibly 9-24-12 ?

I see ā€œ24 9ā€ and then I canā€™t read it.

Production code of ā€œE 9 10ā€ is interesting. The 9 is September like in the neck pocket.
I see 24 91 17 or possibly 24 91 77

Youā€™re welcome.

Looks like OWB is a Fender Japan color. Off white blonde?

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fender-japan-colors-owb-nat.440421/

This guitar was made soon after Tokai stopped making Fenders. Maybe they were still making them in 2012? They changed some production stuff to mirror Fender during that time.
I've tried to find picuteres of the same color tokai everywhere it seems not that easy to find. So it seems that this unit is part of a batch that was transitioning into not building fenders anymore?

I've tried to find picuteres of the same color tokai everywhere it seems not that easy to find. So it seems that this unit is part of a batch that was transitioning into not building fenders anymore?
I think something like that. Might be a body that was destined to be a Fender. Possibility even left over after the breakup? Hard to tell. But thatā€™s a Fender color and not a Tokai color as far as I can tell.

And not sure what the "E" stamp is?

"T" seems to be Tokai.

"F" seems to be Fender.

I wonder if "E" was Extrad? Guessing here...

Latest posts

Back