Edwards E-SA-138

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greco_burst

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my Edwards E-SA-138 I just love the feel of this and the sound from the Seymour Duncans, the lacquer has a satin feel, and comes with a quality ESP Hard Case

Specifications
BODY (Top/Back) Soild Hard Maple (Side) Hard Maple (Center Block) Mahogany
w/ White & Black Laminating Binding
NECK Mahogany
FNGERBORAD Ebony, 22frets w/ White Binding
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 24.75 inch (628mm)
NUT Bone (43mm)
INLAY Pearloid Block
JOINT Set-neck
TUNER GOTOH SG301-04
BRIDGE Old Type Tune-Matic & GOTOH GE101Z
PICKUPS (Front) Seymour Duncan SH-2n
(Rear) Seymour Duncan SH-14
PARTS COLOR Gold
CONTROLS Front Volume, Rear Volume, Front Tone, Rear Tone, Toggle PU Selector
PRICE 144,900yen (Include Tax) w/ Hard Case

BLS-120048.jpg

BLS-120045.jpg

BLS-120046.jpg

BLS-120055.jpg

Awesome guitar, cool photos too. Edwards do make some awesome models... from their 54 Les Paul model, to this one and the SG with the vibrola trem, they make some very unique models at their price point.

Good quality too.

Very nice!! Fantastic guitar and the build quality is impeccable. Nitro, ebony fretboard, Duncan pickups with gold hardware.... what's not to like. I changed the knobs on mine to gold - like them better than the silver reflectors. But here's the cousin to yours right after I got it:

CIMG1627.jpg

Thanks guys, yes, they are a very cool lookin guitar 8) to me, and this one is becoming my favourite daily picker, it just blends in so well, and the SD pups are just great!

Cool pic marcusnieman! and with the 60's gold knobs will look a million dollars! very cool

Gordon, maybe one day you can get another one? I got mine from Kurosawa (great shop by the way) they always seem to have them pop up now and again.

Youami, thanks mate, Edwards make really great packages, and I am looking into one of their Bursts now, great value!

greco_burst said:
Youami, thanks mate, Edwards make really great packages, and I am looking into one of their Bursts now, great value!

Take a look on www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box , they've got a couple on there right now for good prices.

I will be looking round for a 128 lts in either burst or red w/ small block inlays as soon as cash is available. I agree, the ES-335 guitar makes a great guitar for everyday plucking. Also great to gig it.

Also in the market for a '59 style LP.
Has anyone tried a e-lp-130? I am interested in the antiquities / bumble bee package, how's the sound. I am looking for open vintage tone, not compressed hi-output sound.

Gordon, check this out:

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do;jsessionid=76E229A48872B115A22E516BBBB1DFF8.rm3?instrument_id=DS00785431

Advertised as a 98, but looks to me like a 130 with changed pickups (see the relicing, and colour is lighter than a 98 tobacco burst). If it is a 130, then it is a total bargain. Bit of a risk I guess, but the dealer is excellent (I've dealt with them a couple of times).

youami said:
Gordon, check this out:

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do;jsessionid=76E229A48872B115A22E516BBBB1DFF8.rm3?instrument_id=DS00785431

Advertised as a 98, but looks to me like a 130 with changed pickups (see the relicing, and colour is lighter than a 98 tobacco burst). If it is a 130, then it is a total bargain. Bit of a risk I guess, but the dealer is excellent (I've dealt with them a couple of times).

It looks spot on to a 130 in terms of the relic work

thanks guys, I've just found her myself, popped up in my head as well, looks like a 130 lts also nice relic some of them look awful.
I have really never gone through this digimart page. it does not translate through google.

Hey, are you flipping this ESA 138 on Ebay so soon?
What's up? I know they are a great guitar. Great neck. Solid build, a bit heavy, need to be seasoned with play IMO, but outstanding none the less.
Curious as to your thoughts?
Thanks guys, yes, they are a very cool lookin guitar to me, and this one is becoming my favourite daily picker, it just blends in so well, and the SD pups are just great!

Also I never understood why are people leaving the s duncan labels on the pups?...or the plastic on the on the guard/covers? :wink:

Special K said:
Also I never understood why are people leaving the s duncan labels on the pups?...or the plastic on the on the guard/covers? :wink:

It was the same thinking that made people remove these labels 25 to 30 years ago - lets be glad that some owners resisted the temptation!

124_2439.jpg

Having said that, I do agree with you about the pickup labels!

Mike

i still have the pickup labels on my edwards... :lol: that's mainly laziness, though (plus i was scared of taking them off to find the pickups weren't aged under the labels :lol: )

Special K said:
Hey, are you flipping this ESA 138 on Ebay so soon?
What's up? I know they are a great guitar. Great neck. Solid build, a bit heavy, need to be seasoned with play IMO, but outstanding none the less.
Curious as to your thoughts

Yep, it's gone to Sweden, nothing wrong with the Eddie 138 (355), I played it everyday....I just prefer the feel of a Gibson 335 8) , I owned a cherry red 335 reisssue, and it's time to get another one. :wink:

Latest posts

Back