Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why ishibashi won't deal tokais
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Why ishibashi won't deal tokais Reply with quote

I asked, and the answer is:

===ISHIBASHI WEB SHOP===

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for your e-mail. This is Hiroaki from Ishibashi WEB SHOP.

Actually, we will stop to handle the Tokai guitar from this July.
The reason we will stop to handle the Tokai guitar is poor "availability" of Tokai guitar.
How can I say... They manufacture very short lot anytime.
It means it is difficult to stock the guitar,
so we can not supply for our customers if we received order from our customer.
That is why we will stop.
If they can manufacture much more guitars, we will continue to handle.

I am sorry such inconvenience.

If you have question, please feel free to ask me.
Thank you very much!

Best regards

-------------------------------------------------

No quality issues, it's all about tokai making a small number of guitars a year, lot's of stores go for them, it's difficult for all of them to get a stock.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which e-mail is true? there have been several posted lately. whatever the reason...Ishibashi no longer stocks Tokais... OK, got it.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the thing is I don't really care wether people believe this mail is true or not, I saw all these false acusations in the forum (from people who are having a good laugh), and I decided to ask... wether you believe or not is up to you... Then again ishibashi do have an email, so you can always find out for yourself.

The main point here is I specifically asked wether it was about quality issues and they said it was due to availability...

All I'm doing here is posting the conclusion I got for myself, other people believe whatever suits them better

best regards to everyone

Last edited by bruno on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruno-

Thanks for getting an alternative view here. Please notice that the other posts were all from people new to the forum, not saying the lying but they may have had alterior motives - ie Trolls.
Porsche 911 Racing
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ned I agree, I have talked with other members about it, and the conclusions are all the same, someone with lots of time on the hands decided to have a good laugh...

like many people have adviced lately, we should not feed the trolls, I decided to make this last topic about the issue (which never really was an issue), just to set the record straight.

once again thanks ned and all the other members for making the forum what it is...
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I said earlier the manager of the local Rock Inn said today they have never had to return a Tokai nor does he know of any branch in the chain doing so due to QC problems. Theres been a lot of bad blood here recently and I did notice it was newbies causing most of the trouble. The web is a reflection of real life...some folks you want to be around and others well.... the point of the entire ishibashi thing is...they no longer carry Tokai, for whatever reason...and theres really no telling which reason is the absolute truth.
Deadman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onwards and upwards guys.

That's it then. Matter CLOSED.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so....got the 2006 Fender Japan catalog today... and there are some really nice [ Tokai ] guitars in it. New colors and models.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah, that would be a nice "scan" for everybody to see...
Schocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How can I say... They manufacture very short lot anytime.
It means it is difficult to stock the guitar,

This rings true with me (and I don't think I'm just indulging in wishful thinking, as if there were quality issues I'd naturally not wish to inflict them on myself). Availability has been a recurring problem for a while, as reflected in posts here on the forum, whilst QC - with one notable exception - has not.

Of course, we could speculate endlessly on this matter but as Sneaky says the bottomline is that for the time being Ishibashi will not be a Tokai dealer. Maybe this turn of events will encourage Apollon Music to answer e-mails from potential international customers!
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or even from those of us in country eh.
sscanlan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruno wrote:
yes ned I agree, I have talked with other members about it, and the conclusions are all the same, someone with lots of time on the hands decided to have a good laugh...

like many people have adviced lately, we should not feed the trolls, I decided to make this last topic about the issue (which never really was an issue), just to set the record straight.

once again thanks ned and all the other members for making the forum what it is...

Hi, sorry to ask probably a bit of a dumb question but are people now in the belief that there never was an issue with Supreme's guitar at all?? I've been away for a week and had a lot to catch up on so might have missed something somewhere......
mgdew
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not think in general anybody has an issue with supreme or the fact that he has had a rough ride with what should be a killer axe.
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sscanlan, to answer your question, I think everybody here agree's supreme's guitar came with unacceptable issues...

My own personal opinion: the guitar did not leave the factory with a chunk of paint missing from the strap buttons that's for sure, the dealer obviously sold a damaged guitar that was either damaged in the store, by a previous owner or during transportation, however there is no denying supreme's guitar had several other issues and he should get a full refund...
ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Why ishibashi won't deal tokais Reply with quote

bruno wrote:
Actually, we will stop to handle the Tokai guitar from this July.
The reason we will stop to handle the Tokai guitar is poor "availability" of Tokai guitar.

This one makes more sense to me. When I ordered my Tokai I was told by Hiroaki that he had to contact the factory to check the availability of the model I wanted. After he contacted, I was told I had to wait 3-4 months.

3-4 months or undefined delivery terms make it quite difficult to deal with customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: