Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: Greco SS63-70 SG with Lyre Virbola - SOLD

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 453
Location: Winnipeg Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: FS: Greco SS63-70 SG with Lyre Virbola - SOLD Reply with quote

https://reverb.com/item/2219732-greco-sg-with-lyre-vibrola-1963-reissue-ss63-70-one-of-the-rarest-maestro-tremolo

Last edited by Pegcityrocker on Sat May 21, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8764
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: Greco SS63-70 SG with Lyre Virbola 1963 Reissue Reply with quote

Pegcityrocker wrote:
https://reverb.com/item/2219732-greco-sg-with-lyre-vibrola-1963-reissue-ss63-70-one-of-the-rarest-maestro-tremolo

Any one here interested in this one? I could sell this through the forum for $1200 USD including free shipping to USA and Canada.


Nice! What are the pickups in it?

Want to swap for a nice 2005 Gibson USA 61 SG reiusse with upgraded pots and caps, Faber locking alum tailpiece/studs and Faber clipless ABR bridge with brass saddles. Original case and goodies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 453
Location: Winnipeg Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus. That's a very tempting offer but I think I would like to hold off to see if I can get cash for this. The pickups seem to be original. I believe they should be Double Trick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
guitar hiro
Guitar God


Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Posts: 143

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inside pics/tenon? weight? pics of pickup bases? neck profile/thickness dimensions @ fret 1 & fret 11? details?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 453
Location: Winnipeg Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a pic of the tenon with the back of the pickup showing. Its on the Reverb listing. The original sticker must have fallen off the backs of the pickups at some point but they would have had the Double Trick pickup stickers as this is what the catalogs say. Or else these were never given stickers. They are original as you can tell from the original solder joints on the pots. The model number is stamped inside the tenon route.
The nut width is 1-11/16" and the profile is what I would consider the standard SG profile. More on the thin side. Weight on my scale is just under 7 lbs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8764
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pegcityrocker wrote:
Hi Marcus. That's a very tempting offer but I think I would like to hold off to see if I can get cash for this. The pickups seem to be original. I believe they should be Double Trick.


Good luck with the sale! Fantastic guitar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guitar hiro
Guitar God


Joined: 05 Dec 2013
Posts: 143

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the additional info, if not for the thinner type neck I would be interested but already have too many with the thinner necks that I don't prefer

very nice example none the less, and it will be perfect for those that like a thinner neck profile, best of luck


Pegcityrocker wrote:
I took a pic of the tenon with the back of the pickup showing. Its on the Reverb listing. The original sticker must have fallen off the backs of the pickups at some point but they would have had the Double Trick pickup stickers as this is what the catalogs say. Or else these were never given stickers. They are original as you can tell from the original solder joints on the pots. The model number is stamped inside the tenon route.
The nut width is 1-11/16" and the profile is what I would consider the standard SG profile. More on the thin side. Weight on my scale is just under 7 lbs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 453
Location: Winnipeg Canada

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Last edited by Pegcityrocker on Sat May 21, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brokentoes
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 1226
Location: Bronte by the Sea, Canada

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn fine lookin' axe.

It seems they stopped putting the stickers on the pickups after a certain time (or ran out of stickers) I'm sure the Greco experts have a time frame when that happened. It seems that it was sometime after '84.

Good luck with your sale bud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 453
Location: Winnipeg Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group