• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Orville by Gibson LPS-57C Lemon Drop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drasp

Reaction score
One of the best MIJ Les Pauls ever made, maybe one of the better Les Pauls made anywhere. Fantastic guitar with a gorgeous "plain-but-not-boring" top. Do some searching around on Google for the reissue specs, its a highly accurate '57 from the lacquer finish to the neck carve to the slab maple top, fret edge binding, US Gibson '57 Classics, accurate TOM, etc. This one is a bit of a brute at ~10lbs. The weight has never bothered me, always seemed like a LP should have some heft. This one has just the right amount of play wear with zero damage. Some wear on the frets above the 12th fret from a previous owner & I believe the nut has been replaced, intonates & plays w/ zero issues. All of the nickel hardware has a KILLER patina that is often missing on the Reissues which have spent too much time in their cases. . .

More pix/details/etc available via PM.

I need to get $1650 shipped which I think is a killer price for a RI series ObG - hasn't been a reissue sold on eBay in the last 30 days, but ordinary ObG guitars are now fetching $1500+. A few months ago when I listed this a RI had sold to a buyer in Australia for the equivalent of $2300USD.

Includes a brown/pink Gibson case + the original ObG bag. I've had this listed a few times over the last couple years, but I'm really just not playing it enough to keep it.

Pix:

One of the best MIJ Les Pauls ever made, maybe one of the better Les Pauls made anywhere. Fantastic guitar with a gorgeous "plain-but-not-boring" top. Do some searching around on Google for the reissue specs, its a highly accurate '59 from the lacquer finish to the neck carve to the slab maple top, fret edge binding, US Gibson '57 Classics, accurate TOM, etc. This one is a bit of a brute at ~10lbs. The weight has never bothered me, always seemed like a LP should have some heft. This one has just the right amount of play wear with zero damage. Some wear on the frets above the 12th fret from a previous owner & I believe the nut has been replaced, intonates & plays w/ zero issues. All of the nickel hardware has a KILLER patina that is often missing on the Reissues which have spent too much time in their cases. . .

More pix/details/etc available via PM.

I need to get $1750 shipped which is a killer price for a RI series ObG - hasn't been a reissue sold on eBay in the last 30 days, but ordinary ObG guitars are now fetching $1500+. A few months ago when I listed this a RI had sold to a buyer in Australia for the equivalent of $2300USD.

Includes a brown/pink Gibson case + the original ObG bag. I've had this listed a few times over the last couple years, but I'm really just not playing it enough to keep it.

Pix:

obg_a.JPG

obg_b.JPG

obg_c.JPG

obg_d.JPG

obg_e.JPG

Back