• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2003 MIJ Tokai TJ60 - LP Jr DC - UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proflonghair

Reaction score
This is a decision I've laboured over, but my 40th, and hence a daft guitar purchase, looms on the horizon, so the rules of last in, first out apply...

P1070919.jpg

It's a 2003 Tokai TJ60, their Les Paul Junior Doublecut model, in TV yellow. By far the best Junior I've played, it's a brilliant caveman guitar. It's light, it sounds like a buzzsaw, but cleans up nicely too. Neck's big, but not baseball fat by any means. It came to me with a horrible adjustable bridge on which looked like Robocop's harmonica, so I donated that to a forum build and replaced it with a swanky Faber aluminium compensated tailpiece. I've also swapped the pickup out for a Zhangbucker Blues 90 (will include the original with the guitar though). The previous owner had fitted a swanky wiring kit (full-sized pots, etc), I added a PIO cap because I believe in snake-oil and fairies. He'd also put vintage-correct knobs on there - fairly certain the originals are in the (tatty) gigbag, but let's not let that be a dealbreaker. The best mod he'd made was to move the strap button from the neck heel to the top bout - great, sensible mod, and he made a very good job of it.

It's had some play over its eleven years; there's fretwear in the cowboy chord positions, and a patch of bucklerash on the back. Neither of these things have ever bothered me; frankly, it's a relief to buy a secondhand gutar and know it's been played and enjoyed. There's a tiny (you can hardly feel it) dent on the upper back of the neck around the third fret position; again, nothing drastic.

These are hard to get hold of, and have been going for a fair old whack on eBay lately; I'd like to get ?475 for it. I'd rather not post it - I'm nary of Gibson necks being entrusted to Parcelforce et al, and would rather meet you halfway/within 50 miles (whichever's closest to me) of M5 junction 13, but would post it at your cost if I absolutely had to.

Not really (who am I trying to kid - PM me by all means) interested in trades, except maybe for the right baritone. Any questions, do shout.

P1070920.jpg

P1070921.jpg

P1070922.jpg

P1070924.jpg

P1070925.jpg

P1070926.jpg

P1070927.jpg

Little dent on neck is North-North-East (landlubbers: up and to the left a bit) of the fretmarker.

P1070928.jpg

Little patch of bucklerash. Not me guv. All my trousers are those elasticated/drawstring dealios.

P1070929.jpg

P1070930.jpg

Neck is quite thick.

I've got one from 2000, waiting on a new P90 for it right now. Great guitar. Good luck with the sale, the new owner will be happy.

Back