lets see everyones LS150s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamond said:
I still don't see an LS150F model anywhere, was it a special order for the UK?

I see the LS140F, but it's doesn't have a one piece body, no CTS pots, no Orange drop, no switchcraft switches.

I'm not sure where your looking, there's 4 on Richtone music's website all 2009 models all flamed and all ls150's

I always thought that ls150 were indeed AAA flame tops it was only last year when I saw plain tops comming through

You may be right though it could have been a special order, Richtone sell alot of Tokai's I know I bought 4! all crackers (playing/tone) and all stunning to look at (es120, sg75, ls85 x2)

Maybe Tokai has stopped the ls150 flame but it still listed on the uk website

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=39&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

If your after one I'm sure they ship overseas and they are nice guy's

thejonester said:
Diamond said:
I still don't see an LS150F model anywhere, was it a special order for the UK?

I see the LS140F, but it's doesn't have a one piece body, no CTS pots, no Orange drop, no switchcraft switches.

I'm not sure where your looking, there's 4 on Richtone music's website all 2009 models all flamed and all ls150's

I always thought that ls150 were indeed AAA flame tops it was only last year when I saw plain tops comming through

You may be right though it could have been a special order, Richtone sell alot of Tokai's I know I bought 4! all crackers (playing/tone) and all stunning to look at (es120, sg75, ls85 x2)

Maybe Tokai has stopped the ls150 flame but it still listed on the uk website

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=39&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

If your after one I'm sure they ship overseas and they are nice guy's

Does yours have the dimpled headstock or correct Gibson version?

Diamond said:
JVsearch said:
thejonester said:
marcusnieman said:
Gorgeous.

Are the 150's (now 160's) flametops instead of plaintops?

Hi, I think that they are still both. The last lot to come from through were plain tops and the batch I got mine from where all Flame.

The Plain tops were all amazing, really nice grain patterns but I ended up buying a Fender (you learn by your mistakes!)

When the flame tops came through I just had to have one! mine was the least flamey which is what I wanted (a bit like the peter green les paul quite tight flame)

If you can get you hands on any LS150 I would.... it's the best guitar I've owned.

If you got that for the price of an LS-150/160 you did extremely well! The flame top LS-160 is an LS-260, 100k yen up-charge for flame (not unreasonable and very similar to you know who's extra charge for a flame top over a plain top).

The thing is, if it was an LS260 then he'd call it an LS260, but he's calling it an LS150?

Check it out!!!! :eek:

ls150004.jpg

I'm saying it's got better flame than the LS-260, I mean that is not low level flame, that's a pretty flamey top, in fact it looks more like the tops on the ultra high end LS-470/540!

Or maybe it's just a very special photo...

JVsearch said:
Diamond said:
JVsearch said:
thejonester said:
marcusnieman said:
Gorgeous.

Are the 150's (now 160's) flametops instead of plaintops?

Hi, I think that they are still both. The last lot to come from through were plain tops and the batch I got mine from where all Flame.

The Plain tops were all amazing, really nice grain patterns but I ended up buying a Fender (you learn by your mistakes!)

When the flame tops came through I just had to have one! mine was the least flamey which is what I wanted (a bit like the peter green les paul quite tight flame)

If you can get you hands on any LS150 I would.... it's the best guitar I've owned.

If you got that for the price of an LS-150/160 you did extremely well! The flame top LS-160 is an LS-260, 100k yen up-charge for flame (not unreasonable and very similar to you know who's extra charge for a flame top over a plain top).

The thing is, if it was an LS260 then he'd call it an LS260, but he's calling it an LS150?

Check it out!!!! :eek:

ls150004.jpg

I'm saying it's got better flame than the LS-260, I mean that is not low level flame, that's a pretty flamey top, in fact it looks more like the tops on the ultra high end LS-470/540!

Or maybe it's just a very special photo...

I agree, it's a totally awesome guitar, incredible flame, I'm frikken jealous. :)

I got the info from the J man...

there have been 3 LS150s in the past.............

@ LS150 plaintop (now LS160)

@ LS150 figured top (2004-2005, japan only)

@ LS150 UK edition....(almost like LS150 figuredtop above but with a hump in the headstock)

whenever any UK guy shows up with a LS150 figured if it has no hump then it must be one
of the 2004/5 japan editions bought through ebay from japanese dealers.......................
if it has a hump then its one of the UK edition LS150 figuredtop..................................
this UK only model is still in the production so we can get them anytime today...............j

Diamond said:
I agree, it's a totally awesome guitar, incredible flame, I'm frikken jealous. :)

@ LS150 UK edition....(almost like LS150 figuredtop above but with a hump in the headstock)

whenever any UK guy shows up with a LS150 figured if it has no hump then it must be one
of the 2004/5 japan editions bought through ebay from japanese dealers.......................
if it has a hump then its one of the UK edition LS150 figuredtop..................................
this UK only model is still in the production so we can get them anytime today...............j

Yeah I've had a look on the Rich Tone site, there are flamey LS-150s on there for 1200 quid (160k Yen), so finally the Poms get a good deal on an imported product!

They're claiming a 3A top for this model, so what's the point of the LS-200 and LS-260 as they don't seem to have more flame or different specs than this UK LS-150? The Tokai catalogue doesn't say what the flame top is on the LS-260, but it doesn't look as good as these. They're definitely solid flame tops right?

JVsearch said:
Diamond said:

Yeah I've had a look on the Rich Tone site, there are flamey LS-150s on there for 1200 quid (160k Yen), so finally the Poms get a good deal on an imported product!

They're claiming a 3A top for this model, so what's the point of the LS-200 and LS-260 as they don't seem to have more flame or different specs than this UK LS-150? The Tokai catalogue doesn't say what the flame top is on the LS-260, but it doesn't look as good as these. They're definitely solid flame tops right?

Yes Mine is the UK one with the dimple, all mine have this.

I know what your saying, the photo helps (flash) but it is a fair representation of the flame. It's beautiful!

I agree totally with what you are saying the ls-200 etc don't look any nicer (I went in for this as I live 10 mins away and I like to try each guitar before I buy). I know that they will have better spec's but mine looked as good played as well (I've never played a bad newer Japanese Tokai). I know they say they have better grade woods etc but all I can say is I'm very happy with mine!!!

The guitar is super resonant, sustains for and age and has a great woody airy quality to it!

I'm going to get new pickups but they don't really need it... I just like lower output humbuckers!

Get one while you can! :D

JVsearch said:
Diamond said:

Yes Mine is the UK one with the dimple, all mine have this.

I know what your saying, the photo helps (flash) but it is a fair representation of the flame. It's beautiful!

I agree totally with what you are saying the ls-200 etc don't look any nicer (I went in for this as I live 10 mins away and I like to try each guitar before I buy). I know that they will have better spec's but mine looked as good played as well (I've never played a bad newer Japanese Tokai). I know they say they have better grade woods etc but all I can say is I'm very happy with mine!!!

The guitar is super resonant, sustains for and age and has a great woody airy quality to it!

I'm going to get new pickups but they don't really need it... I just like lower output humbuckers!

Get one while you can! :D

Have to say it is a bit of a quirk in the model range - the LS150 with flame top!! It's not on the Japanese site as such, but as someone posted - it is on the UK Tokai distributor site. I have some LS135 (the plain top equiv) arriving soon hopefully too. Can't wait to see those - a nice plain top is a purdy thing!!!

In terms of the difference in the tops...
When I had around 12 of these guitars all lined up on the wall next to each other the LS200 are a more "regimented" type of flame, lots of horizonal thin lines going across them which stand out against the LS150s in the main. Having said that - a few of the 150 this time round have been truly exceptional!!

It's why we are moving to taking more and more individual pictures of Tokai guitars - so people can pick the nicest ones to their taste.

Glad you are all liking the guitars anyhow..... :wink:

guitarslinger said:
Have to say it is a bit of a quirk in the model range - the LS150 with flame top!! It's not on the Japanese site as such, but as someone posted - it is on the UK Tokai distributor site. I have some LS135 (the plain top equiv) arriving soon hopefully too. Can't wait to see those - a nice plain top is a purdy thing!!!

In terms of the difference in the tops...
When I had around 12 of these guitars all lined up on the wall next to each other the LS200 are a more "regimented" type of flame, lots of horizonal thin lines going across them which stand out against the LS150s in the main. Having said that - a few of the 150 this time round have been truly exceptional!!

It's why we are moving to taking more and more individual pictures of Tokai guitars - so people can pick the nicest ones to their taste.

Glad you are all liking the guitars anyhow..... :wink:

The last lot of Plain top's LS150 you had were awesome! but I went with a fender! you live an learn! lol

Like I said before if anyone is after a Ls150/200 Rictone's the place to be I saw all the bad boys they had lined up last week ... sweet :eek:

If I had the ??'s I'd have dropped on the ls200 tabacco burst, just because it's a bit different... but I love my ls150 8)

:cry: :cry: :cry:
My LS150 still hasen't shown yet, I was told Jan/Feb
Anyone know Tokais track record on custom orders ?
I ordered through Bob at Tokai in sheffield in November so thats into its fifth month now.
T

The thing that guitarists fail to understand is that Tokai are a "boutique" guitar manufacturer....every bit as boutique as Tylers, or Suhr's, D'Pergo's, PRS, etc, etc....every guitar is a 'custom shop' guitar.

So when I see internet discussions comparing Tokais to Edwards and the likes it makes me laugh...

If you own a Tokai you own a "gem"...consider yourself privileged...yep, even the LS90s are custom shop guitars. :)

This is not my opinion, this is a fact...IMO

Diamond, you crack me up! :lol: Your loyalty is impressive, but I think we have a touch of hyperbole here.

I own one or two Goldstars (maybe 3 or 4?), & I love them, but let's be honest here - they are mass produced Strats, & they were quite cheap when they were new. But that's cool, it isn't rocket science to make a decent Strat. Same with my LS85S - I love it, & I don't need to claim it's a Custom Shop Special to enjoy it more - they made loads of these guitars!

Let's just keep calm & realistic, eh?

:wink:

Back