Billy Gibbons 'Pearly Gates' Les Paul Standard.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUSHI GUY

Reaction score
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Billy-Gibbons-Pearly-Gates-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

:eek:

Oh well let those poor misguided souls buy them all up and in the mean time, for that price, i would have at least 10 more high quality MIJ's thanks..... what a rip off.... :eek:

Mick

I don't understand why anyone would pay that much money for a Les Paul that doesn't even have Honduran Mahogany or a Brazillian board. These artist replica models have got to be the biggest rip off ever. Ok, the SRV and EVH replica's are unique and very well done, but the Blackie? Just get yourself a black, maple-neck relic strat (or an Edwards), and this Billy Gibbons one is nothing special, it's just a sunburst Lester with a nice top. Plenty of them to be had for a lot less than a quarter of the price.

I just can't see the advantage to owning a guitar like this..."check this out, my guitar has the exact same scratches as Billy's!"...who freaking cares?

Agree, what a waste of money.

Made me laugh that one of the piccys had, (Actual "Pearly Gates" pictured here).

And meanwhile, Mr. Gibbons plays a Tokai! :lol:

The SD Pearly Gates pickups are nice though.

Mike

SUSHI GUY said:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Billy-Gibbons-Pearly-Gates-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

:eek:

One for Gibson addicts only, beautiful guitar, problem is, they most likely will never really be played....owners will be too **** nervous to put an extra scratch or ding, and it might loose value:lol:

Makes me laugh about relic guitars..., how can u tell which is mint condition and which has been used....

Truly only for collectors and that's fair enough 8)

Grecoman says,

"Makes me laugh about relic guitars..., how can u tell which is mint condition and which has been used.... "

:lol: :lol: TRUE!!!

Be patient,guys ! Gibson brought out the same thing as a Jeff Beck Signature.Exactly the same strategy,VOS,Aged,Aged and signed and of course strictly limited.50 signed worldwide.Those guitars are in Ebay since more than 2 months,almost every dealer in Germany is trying without succes to sell it,Thomann already changed the price from almost 17000? to 14000.
From my opinion customers can't be that stupid to think you can get for that price a 59 quality neither a Pearly Gates.
Even more rediculous is to pay the difference of 7000? for Gibbons signature :lol: i am a big fan and in fact this guy was the reason to play guitar but that is something I can't follow :cry:

On the other site,take a look at 7enders absolutely overpriced heavy relic guitars...some may think a guitar with the 50s or 60s look is as good as one from those times.In my town we say"there's a stupid guy waking up every day.You only have to find him" (to sell him some ****)

t.olsen said:
In my town we say"there's a stupid guy waking up every day.You only have to find him" (to sell him some ^&*()

I think that's what Bernie Madoff said, too. It's all in how you bait the hook. Sadly, there are plenty of fish out there just waiting to be reeled in.

Or earlier still - David Hannum and his "There's a sucker born every minute".

Though he's probably paraphrasing too. It'll all trace back to "Ug ug nngh mmf ROAR" (rough translation: "He buy rock! He so stupid"). There's nothing new in the world. :(

It's well known in every country,every culture.Only the names for it are different :lol:
Let's wait...I think if they are sold out in one day Gibson will make a big noise around...I'm sure this will not happen :wink:

By the way...can you imagine to see one day somewhere a guy on stage playing a PG copy for 25000$ ?

I am a MIJ newbie and still need a lot of experience but it seems that you are right :wink:
http://cgi.ebay.de/1981-Greco-Z-dry-pickups_W0QQitemZ150365491581QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item23027b517d&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Yes, I'm sure many of us here are aware that there are several TF members that have paid in the 5 to 6 bill range for a matched set of Dry Z pickups, myself included.

Dry Z pups were only produced <3 years I believe, as compared with original PAFs, which were produced for basically six years from 1956 thru 1961.

From users' opinions, the Dry Z could very well be the next best thing to a PAF; who knows?

AFA me & my money are concerned, original PAFs are outta the question, and Dry Zs are much more rare.

When it comes to well aged magnets & the quest for tone, I really don't think that the 5 to 6 bill figure is outta line.
Where else is one gonna come by some ~30 year aged magnets, in an original unit, that has such a following of cult proportions?

Some say it's crazy, and I swore at one time that I would "never" go there.

Just goes to show that you gotta pay to play aka some folks are willing to go there aka some folks have deeper pockets than others aka some folks are not cheap aka make up your own message.

Back when 'burst were in the $5K range, buyers were being labled as idiots, morons, fools, etc.
The buyers that bought then, and kept their purchases are now holding guitars that are worth a minimum 30 times value.

If one has ready cash & desires to part with it, great 8)

To imply that there are fools within the TF is just assinine, at best ...............

MIJvintage said:
To imply that there are fools within the TF is just assinine, at best ...............

Surely it's assinine to suggest that there are no fools on here? Statistically that's rather unlikely. :wink:

There will be as much fools here as elsewhere :wink: But worst scenario are fools bidding against each other and push the price more as neccesary :D

Back