• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'm selling a bunch of guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcus- Yes, I like Reverb, there are more views. And sales are quicker. I believe Reverb is th3 place to go to buy guitars.

Guitar Hiro - Sold 2 guitars yesterday... you either know what these guitars are or ask questions

CliffsComicWorld said:
Guitar Hiro - Sold 2 guitars yesterday... you either know what these guitars are or ask questions

Of course, I do know what to look for; I look for detailed item descriptions, just like when I look to purchase any other type of item(s).

One of the examples you have listed was advertised as having a particular pickup (PU-2) but I have documented examples with factory original Double Trick & Dry Z pickup sets.

Your example didn't seem to have the 'Z' stamps, and I couldn't quite tell if the pups have PU-2 embossed bases so, I guess I could assume the pickups are Double Trick.
Assumptions aren't a good way to go, IMO, when looking to make a potential purchase.

There are a lot of enthusiast that may not have the knowledge base I have and a detailed item description is always nice, which can often help with the 'guess' work.

Again, GLWTS & cheers. :)

Guitar Hiro,

If you are talking about the 1981 Greco SA-550 it clearly shows a picture of the PU-2 stamps.

So you found Dry-Z's in a 1981 Greco SA-550?

Thanks for your input.

1981 SA? Never owned one; sorry.

I have (personally) documented a minimum of three examples of the MSV-850/MSV-650, examples dated from October, 1981, to April, 1982, that had factory original PU-2, Dry Z, and Double Trick pickup sets.

What have you documented, personally?

Again; GLWTS & cheers. :)

Yes,
The first time I saw Dry-Z's in a MSV was more than 10-12 years ago and a couple more have showed up in the last year.

PU-2, yes

Double Trick, No

your knowledge base isn't quite as broad as some; just saying.

I owned MSV F825509, among one other earlier 1982 example, and it had original Double Trick pickups.

what is 'the' ONE visual feature on EVERY pickup that Greco ever installed on every MSV, at least every MSV example that I have seen?

I will give you a hint: it is a very subtle, very inexpensive attribute; it is black in color & very cheap.

Tell us what you think that attribute is.

Guitar Hiro,

guitar hiro said:

I'm insulted by your comments.....go away.

Here is a sample of my knowledge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147832065@N08/albums

CliffsComicWorld said:
Guitar Hiro,

guitar hiro said:

I'm insulted by your comments.....go away.

I am some what surprised you are not interested in the very subtle visual feature that all MSV pickups possessed, no matter if they were PU-2, Dry Z, Double Trick, and the last version that possessed Screamin' 82s.

nothing wrong with being slighted by being met with information but then that is a choice; your choice.

Again; GLWTS :)

Back