• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Any Flying Vs out there for sale?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
I’m in need of a new adventure and I’ve never owned a Flying V. I’ve been scanning the marketplace and I’m convinced my best bet for quality and craftsmanship at a reasonable price is with the Japanese guitars from the ‘80s. I’ve owned a bunch of Japanese brands and models over the years but never a Flying V. Any help in finding one (in any condition) would be greatly appreciated.

I have owned several Flying Vs over many years but have been down to just one example for a long time; a Korina '58 copy. Of course it won't be going anywhere.

My first V was a mid 1970s Ibanez V, an all mahogany copy of a 1967 Gibson. Wish I still had that one.

My recommendation would be look for an example that isn't too expensive but that also has a decent build quality. This way you could possibly obtain something with a decent resale value if you find yourself not getting along with the V shape. A Flying V isn't for everyone so, start out on the mid to lower $$$ range is my suggestion. If you find you like the V concept then you could always go for something with a mid to upper price point.

Good luck with your search.

Back